Honored Contributor

I had a hip replacement about 3 years and a DRG box to control pain put in last year, for the last few days I have been getting Pins and Needles in my back and leg, the DRG stimulator is turned off. I know this not a medical clinic I am just asking for ideas

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Pins and Needles in my leg

Could it be a circulation issue?

Honored Contributor

Sounds like "RESTLESS LEG" See your doctor.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

Thanks all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Years ago I had a pinched nerve in my neck and the symptoms were the pins and needles in my hand.  Usually it is indicitive of something like that I would think.

Honored Contributor

A pinched nerve or disc issue.

Contributor

I was reading your post and I had to tell you that I have had both hips and both knees replaced.  The nerves on the sides of my thighs are both super sensitive to touch, of any kind.  My husband likes to pat my leg when we are watching TV and I jump everytime he does that!  It's similar to hitting your elbow on something,  Hope you get some relief but I have a feeling it may be something we just have to deal with after THR.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rhinonana5 @I am still oxox 

I have had both hips and one knee replaced.  I was experiencing "pins and needles" in my right leg (that has the replaced hip AND knee) so I went to see my surgeon (excellent surgeon whom I trust completely). 

They sent me for an MRI and found that I had a pinched nerve in my lower back ( I have a serious scoliosis problem there that gives me NO PAIN because I do exercise everyday to address it, so I don't worry about it).  That's what was causing the "pins and needles."

I feel the "pins and needles" sensation  at times but it is manageable and now that I know where it's coming from, I'm not too bothered by it.  Good Luck to you!!

Honored Contributor

It might be a reaction to the Eliquis I am taking I see my NP next week I am going to stop until I see her

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Could be a reaction to a osteoporosis medication also.

Lots of things can cause pins and needles.  I don't really worry until something is numb or painful.  For me it is from a stroke or from spine/neck issues.