Honored Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - NEW FLAVORS!

@tansy wrote:

@scotnovel wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I was reading reviews on the chocolate flavor and several mention that it has clumps in it.  Anyone notice that?

I've never found any clumps in it.   If there were, it is easy enough to shake up since it has a screw cap.   There is also a powder form that can be mixed with water  (or other liquid)  but when I've used that I never have lumps because I blend it in my nutri bullet.  

I tried my first chocolate premixed shake this morning and it was lumpless😊

However, my blood sugar was surprisingly high two hours after drinking it, which was disappointing since it has no carbsSmiley Sad

@tansy

Well, that's disappointing .... any theories as to why?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@scotnovel wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I was reading reviews on the chocolate flavor and several mention that it has clumps in it.  Anyone notice that?

I've never found any clumps in it.   If there were, it is easy enough to shake up since it has a screw cap.   There is also a powder form that can be mixed with water  (or other liquid)  but when I've used that I never have lumps because I blend it in my nutri bullet.  

However, my blood sugar was surprisingly high two hours after drinking it, which was disappointing since it has no carbsSmiley Sad

@tansy

No clue, @Tinkrbl44, but I'll try it again tomorrow to see what happens.  

Esteemed Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@10sluvr wrote:

sam's has the usual choco, strawberry and vanilla. they also have the bars, which i have never tried.  i leave for work at 5:15a and i drink the shakes. i look forward to trying the new flavors. i have opened a vanilla and added a splash of flavoring-coconut, raspberry, or orange just to jazz it up.

As I recall the bars have a much higher carb count so I haven't tried them either.  I could be thinking of a different brand though, but, if that matters to you, make sure you check the carb total. 

The bars aren't as nearly balanced with nutrtion (or healthy!) as the shakes-  also check the label for the Sams Club shakes. Last time I was there it wasn't the 30 gram protein variety- maybe 20 grams? 

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I've never had that problem with chocolate- I've had it with strawberry on ocassion though. If one drink has it the  majority of the case does- so I could always exchange at Costco. Instead I use a blender ball mixer and that breaks up any lumps. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@scotnovel wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@tansy

No clue, @Tinkrbl44, but I'll try it again tomorrow to see what happens.  

Did you mix the chocolate with anything that  might spike your sugar? There is a small amount of carbs in the shakes- and the ingredient list notes inulin and sucralose lower on the  list. That might contribute.... ask your nutritionist!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@birkin baby wrote:

These were my main drink during my two week liquid diet before my gastric bypass. I still drink them and find they fit very well into my life. I think the numbers are way better than many options out there.  Plus they are very good as protein drinks go and there is no powder to scoop, no blender to clean,and very portable. 

I also know my recommended protein intake because I had a nutritionist for a year after my surgery.  These are great for that. I know some posters here like to get on a soapbox about food, plant-based diets,and even my surgery choice. I understand their passion but not the judgment and pulling up of past threads of others, trashing food choices of others,etc. I respect others right to eat whatever the heck works for them. I think being so confrontational is a turn-off to the message at times.

I have a chocolate Premier Protein in my coldest part of my fridge and will enjoy it for breakfast.....chemicals, additives,270 mg of  sodium,and all.  

I'm  having a nice cold chocolate right now!! Woman Very Happy

In preparing for a gastric sleeve last year I was on a health mission- including portion control and exercise- and  I researched shakes early on so the 2 weeks after surgery would be as pleasant as possible!!  Premier 30 gram shakes are the best, I still have one jsut about every day. Strawberry- with additional fresh fruit-  is the best breakfast!

I've also heard it all about my surgery choice Woman Frustrated -- it's jsut a tool and far from an  'easy' out. We can still make wrong choices!!! Continued good health, between pre and post surgery I'm about 80 lbs healthier. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

premier protein shakes.PNG

Premier protein shakes are stocked with all kinds of great vitamins and minerals-  in addition to 30 gr of protein with very little fat, cholesterol or sugar! I usually have a shake for breakfast. All that protein is a great AM boost, I used to have eggs for my protein boost but it was too much fat 1st thing in the morning - it really aggravated my system. 

@Ibby114

Thanks for posting the whole label !!!

Your welcome!! But there are different options  [various protein, fat, etc levels] on the market- I'm a fan of this 30 gram variety. More bang for the buck! Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I like the caramel ones, too, BUT, I have found that if I get the strawberry ones really cold, and shake them for a long time, they are THE BEST!!!  I was actually shocked when I drank the strawberry one the first time - it was a lot like a strawberry milkshake!!  But I get it really cold and frothy, so that is probably the secret!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the thread. I was looking into a meal replacement shake and after reading such favorable posts here I will give these a try on my next Costco visit.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

With the shakes being on sale at costco this month, I went on line to order a few cases since my costco only carries chocolate and vanilla. Woman Frustrated I discovered an organic version of Premier shakes- a little less protein (25 grams, still excellent). But stevia is the sweetner!!

premier protein organic.JPG