New Contributor

POLL: If you have chronic illness, do you like where you live?

Hello everyone, I've come to get some feedback from all of you, and I would be most appreciative of your responses.

Suffering from fibromyalgia, progressive spinal osteoarthritis (deg disc disease and stenosis), chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction and chemical sensitivities, I've been wondering where other people, who are suffering from chronic and debilitating illnesses, are living, and if they are happy with the community/neighborhood/environment they are in.

Do you like your doctors, your local hospitals, your neighbors? Have you found the compassion you deserve? Or are you struggling with finding doctors and health care providers to understand your conditions and to give you the pain relief and care you need?

If you live in an area that has given you less of a struggle, can you share it with us? And if you are struggling, please share that, too. There is so much isolation when you have chronic - and perhaps - invisible - illness.

I'm looking to relocate, hoping for a kinder, better place. I've been in the Los Angeles area for a long time, and it seems to have become a very cold, mean place. Not a place for a chronically ill woman to grow much older than I am now. I used to have long relationships with doctors and most of them have now retired. Everything is now a struggle. Even for pain medication. I'm so tired of justifying something that's already in an MRI, in blood work, and established by other docs a long time ago.

I'll be checking in and hoping to hear from all of you. I wish everyone the best of health!