Respected Contributor

Re: My sister had her breast surgery

Your sister, family and friends were blessed with such good news.  To be "done and dusted" is such a good feeling🙆

Super Contributor

@cherry So happy to read a good report!

Honored Contributor

@cherry

I am very happy for you/your sister and the whole family. That has to be a big relief for you all.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@cherry

I didn't know . . . I am so happy to hear there was a positive result.  I lost my sister five and a half years ago . . . it seems like yesterday.  I miss and mourn her every single day. 

My sister's cancer nemesis was colon, metastasizing to both lungs.  She was a smoker.  I lost my mom to lung cancer also, she was a smoker too, but she was only 49 when she died.

How fortunate and lucky are your sister, you, and the entire family. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry

I didn't know . . . I am so happy to hear there was a positive result.  I lost my sister five and a half years ago . . . it seems like yesterday.  I miss and mourn her every single day. 

My sister's cancer nemesis was colon, metastasizing to both lungs.  She was a smoker.  I lost my mom to lung cancer also, she was a smoker too, but she was only 49 when she died.

We are grateful my sister is ok, but not my niece. She was a smoker ,and had lung cancer. She beat it for a time, but it has returned in 3 places.

Honored Contributor

Cherry, This must be the best present for your birthday yet! By the way, Happy Birthday.

@cherry

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@cherry

We are grateful my sister is ok, but not my niece. She was a smoker ,and had lung cancer. She beat it for a time, but it has returned in 3 places.

@cherry

OMG, that is so sad.  Not good that it has returned so many times.  Please accept my sincere condolences.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  I just hope she doesn't suffer a lot. Losing her eyesight as quickly as she did was bad enough

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@LilacTree  I just hope she doesn't suffer a lot. Losing her eyesight as quickly as she did was bad enough

@cherry

OMG, she lost her eyesight because of lung cancer?  That poor girl, my goodness.  I am so sorry, cherry. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTreeNot  because of lung cancer, but while she was fighting it. Her Grandmother and Father both went blind.  It started in one eye ,overnight. When she woke, all she had was a line. She came  to our city becase we have the U of M teaching hospital, and they told her there was nothing they could do for her

It wasn't long ,and the other eye went ,as well.  She is only 58 ,and my sisters only child