Regular Contributor

Re: My daughter who has chronic Lyme Disease

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal@Mom2Dogs

I just wanted to let you know I copied that entire page that included your post and gave it to my daughter.  I don't know if she can help (she has read prolifically about all infectious disease issues).  She's only had two treatments so far, so she cannot really make a determination on how much this is going to help her.  But if she knows anything I will pass it on to you.

@LilacTree.....

Thank you for your response and copying the post to give to your daugther.  It is so much appreciated. 

I haven't been posting much...I'm figthng a bad stomach flu for a week now. Near hospitalization on Wednesday, but luckliy on Thrusday I was able to hold down fluids again and avoided further dehydration, therefore my PCP didn't force the issue.  Let's just say with my severe Chemical Sensitivities, the Hospital is a DANGEROUS place for me.  I'm still pretty sick, but praying I am over the worst....Unfortnately, it's taken a toll on me...lost more weight and weakened.

Keep me posted on your daughter's progress...just give me a "call out"...

Blessings, 

BohemianGal

Honored Contributor

@BohemianGal wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal@Mom2Dogs

I just wanted to let you know I copied that entire page that included your post and gave it to my daughter.  I don't know if she can help (she has read prolifically about all infectious disease issues).  She's only had two treatments so far, so she cannot really make a determination on how much this is going to help her.  But if she knows anything I will pass it on to you.

@LilacTree.....

Thank you for your response and copying the post to give to your daugther.  It is so much appreciated. 

I haven't been posting much...I'm figthng a bad stomach flu for a week now. Near hospitalization on Wednesday, but luckliy on Thrusday I was able to hold down fluids again and avoided further dehydration, therefore my PCP didn''t force the issue.  Let's just say with my severe Chemical Sensitiviries, the Hospital is a DANGEROUS place for me.  I'm still pretty sick, but praying I am over the worst....Unfortnately, it's taken a toll on me...lost more weight and weakened.

Blessings, 

BohemianGal

@BohemianGal

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still so sick.  And I agree that the hospital is the worst place people like us can be.  One needs a strong immune system to survive, not wimpy ones as we have.  I stay away as much as I can and when I do go in I'm a PIA telling everyone to wash their hands, etc.

Two years ago they put me in a room with someone with suspected MRSA (I heard her talking about it loudly on her phone).  I demanded to be taken out of that room.  We have to be on our toes all the time, don't we. 

I hope you will start getting better.  Do you drink adult Pedialyte when you are home?  I try to drink a glass a day.  You have to try to offset that dehydration, your loss of weight scares me.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal@Mom2Dogs

@LilacTree.....

I haven't been posting much...I'm figthng a bad stomach flu for a week now. Near hospitalization on Wednesday, but luckliy on Thrusday I was able to hold down fluids again and avoided further dehydration, therefore my PCP didn''t force the issue.  Let's just say with my severe Chemical Sensitiviries, the Hospital is a DANGEROUS place for me.  I'm still pretty sick, but praying I am over the worst....Unfortnately, it's taken a toll on me...lost more weight and weakened.

Blessings, 

BohemianGal

@BohemianGal

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still so sick.  And I agree that the hospital is the worst place people like us can be.  One needs a strong immune system to survive, not wimpy ones as we have.  I stay away as much as I can and when I do go in I'm a PIA telling everyone to wash their hands, etc.

Two years ago they put me in a room with someone with suspected MRSA (I heard her talking about it loudly on her phone).  I demanded to be taken out of that room.  We have to be on our toes all the time, don't we. 

I hope you will start getting better.  Do you drink adult Pedialyte when you are home?  I try to drink a glass a day.  You have to try to offset that dehydration, your loss of weight scares me.

@LilacTree...

Yes, hospitals are not "healing" for people like us unless it's the last resort.  

Last time I was admitted (cellulitis in my ear.).. they put me in a room with a woman who was smoking cigarettes in our bathroom, then spraying "perfume" to cover the smell.  I thought I was going to die!!. And, she kept denying it. I didn't want to report her, but had no choice. It was New Years Eve..low staff, took me all day to change my room. They didn't even "repremand" her...said there was "No Proof".  Negligently left her there and subjected another patient to her abuse. I was suffering terribly as it was, and needed her chemicals like a hole in the head. As if the hospital cleaning supplies weren't making me sick enough! What a nightmare. I've told my husband, don't EVER call 911 unless I'm dying. And, before do, think hard. He "understands" that I'd  pretty much rather "pass over" then go to a hosptial or nursing home unlesss I felt confident I have a good chance to recover and rehabilitate. Just not worth it in my condition. In many respects, I'm  already living "Hell on Earth", so wherever I'm going from this planet, the "next stop" will be a blessing. 

Thanks for your concern my friend. I am drinking Coconut Water and bone broth...and eating as much as possible when the nausea/ vomiting subsides. I lost 3 lbs this week...down to 82 lbs. now. So...I hope this "angry stomach flu" is in the final stages so I can eat and drink normally again.

The problem is I consume Protein Bone Powder, and many fats to keep my weight up (coconuct oil, coconut, almond and sunbutters, Paleo coconut wraps, avocadoes, eggs, EVOO, etc.). This week  I can't tolerate fats as they make me sick, cause nausea to get worsen, horrible heartburn, etc.  So..hoping this passes very soon and I can get back on my usual "high fat" diet.......

As you know from personal experience, It takes incredible inner strength, courage, and grace to remain hopeful and face each day when you have long term chronic illness...35 years for me now...... 

I know your daughter doesn't know me, but please tell her she is in my daily prayers. Also, I'm a "bit  intuitive", and for some reason, I have a "good feeling" about her. She's a strong woman at her core, (just like her mother). She is a "Survivor".

Tell her to "hold on"...a shift is coming.....

Love, BohemianGal::heart

Honored Contributor

@BohemianGal wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@BohemianGal@Mom2Dogs

@LilacTree.....

Blessings, 

BohemianGal

@BohemianGal

@LilacTree...

Yes, hospitals are not "healing" for people like us unless it's the last resort.  

Last time I was admitted (cellulitis in my ear.).. they put me in a room with a woman who was smoking cigarettes in our bathroom, then spraying "perfume" to cover the smell.  I thought I was going to die!!. And, she kept denying it. I didn't want to report her, but had no choice. It was New Years Eve..low staff, took me all day to change my room. They didn't even "repremand" her...said there was "No Proof".  Negligently left her there and subjected another patient to her abuse. I was suffering terribly as it was, and needed her chemicals like a hole in the head. As if the hospital cleaning supplies weren't making me sick enough! What a nightmare. I've told my husband, don't EVER call 911 unless I'm dying. And, before do, think hard. He "understands" that I'd  pretty much rather "pass over" then go to a hosptial or nursing home unlesss I felt confident I have a good chance to recover and rehabilitate. Just not worth it in my condition. In many respects, I'm  already living "Hell on Earth", so wherever I'm going from this planet, the "next stop" will be a blessing. 

Thanks for your concern my friend. I am drinking Coconut Water and bone broth...and eating as much as possible when the nausea/ vomiting subsides. I lost 3 lbs this week...down to 82 lbs. now. So...I hope this "angry stomach flu" is in the final stages so I can eat and drink normally again.

The problem is I consume Protein Bone Powder, and many fats to keep my weight up (coconuct oil, coconut, almond and sunbutters, Paleo coconut wraps, avocadoes, eggs, EVOO, etc.). This week  I can't tolerate fats as they make me sick, cause nausea to get worsen, horrible heartburn, etc.  So..hoping this passes very soon and I can get back on my usual "high fat" diet.......

As you know from personal experience, It takes incredible inner strength, courage, and grace to remain hopeful and face each day when you have long term chronic illness...35 years for me now...... 

I know your daughter doesn't know me, but please tell her she is in my daily prayers. Also, I'm a "bit  intuitive", and for some reason, I have a "good feeling" about her. She's a strong woman at her core, (just like her mother). She is a "Survivor".

Tell her to "hold on"...a shift is coming.....

Love, BohemianGal::heart

@BohemianGal

BG, have you ever disclosed here what your health diagnosis is?  35 years of this illness is probably most of your life.  You don't have to disclose if you don't want to.  But you must be really tiny to be able to function with weights like that.

Thank you for your hopefulness for my daughter.  I'd rather see her get better than myself.  She is still young.

I have a lot of stomach issues which I believe are caused by my autoimmune diseases, but doctors are reluctant to confirm that.  My main and quite obvious issues are RA and osteoporosis (and labs).  No one disputes those because they can easily see the physical deformities and disabilities.  My daughter, on the other hand, shows none of her symptoms physically, except for her severe fatigue.  Her symptoms are much more difficult to "prove," although the Lyme labs are certain.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

@LilacTree

My heart goes out to you and your daughters.  I've wanted to type this message to you for over a week, knowing full welll I'll get bashed by some for it. Here it is.

i am a long time reader and fan of Dr. Christiane Northrop, MD, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom.  I've read all her books over the years.  In her latest book, she mentions Anthony William's book Medical Medium.  I'd already put this book on my to-be-read list and this was a nudge to start it.  

He writes quite a bit about Lyme and Chronic Lyme Disease. Even if you don't believe in any of his message, there is no harm whatsoever.  I encourage you or your daughter(s) to read this.  Very different take on a disease that is not understood.  

I honestly feel I was meant to read this book and to make you aware of it.  Well worth it to me if you do.  

On a different subject, my mother had Alzheimer's. I've never felt we were in the right track in research for this cruel disease.  We always look for drugs to cure, not for prevention.  His take on it is what I've felt for years.

While I read it on Kindle, this is one that you may want in actual book form. 

Honored Contributor

@sassenach1 wrote:

@LilacTree

My heart goes out to you and your daughters.  I've wanted to type this message to you for over a week, knowing full welll I'll get bashed by some for it. Here it is.

i am a long time reader and fan of Dr. Christiane Northrop, MD, author of Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom.  I've read all her books over the years.  In her latest book, she mentions Anthony William's book Medical Medium.  I'd already put this book on my to-be-read list and this was a nudge to start it.  

He writes quite a bit about Lyme and Chronic Lyme Disease. Even if you don't believe in any of his message, there is no harm whatsoever.  I encourage you or your daughter(s) to read this.  Very different take on a disease that is not understood.  

I honestly feel I was meant to read this book and to make you aware of it.  Well worth it to me if you do.  

On a different subject, my mother had Alzheimer's. I've never felt we were in the right track in research for this cruel disease.  We always look for drugs to cure, not for prevention.  His take on it is what I've felt for years.

While I read it on Kindle, this is one that you may want in actual book form. 

@sassenach1

Sounds like an interesting book.  One can never know enough, and to feel as though you know all you can, you have to read a lot of different opinions.  Especially about Lyme, a very mysterious affliction.  I will look it up on Amazon.  Thanks so much!

Formerly Ford1224