Honored Contributor
Dad my hero! Amazing man. He lives independently, Healthy active as I'm writing this enjoying his yearly excusion to Boca Raton. Man has never spent a day in hospital. WW2 Vet Cornell graduate. Next month visiting him along with Son and DIL and GC. He's provided well for his family planned carefully for us. Because of this I'm able to enjoy early retirement. Spoke with him today, Before his morning ritual swimming then golf course. Awe inspiring! Man sounds so young and acts the same. Like to send out a special thank you to God for giving me my Dad. Sigh...Mom passed away 28 yrs ago miss her every day. Unlike my Father she didn't care for health she also had mental illness. Alcohol and prescription drugs smoking brought about her medical condition. Parents split soon after marrying 1956 ooh when look at pictures they so remind me of JFK and Jacki except Dad more attractive. Haha! He looked very much Robert Redford with dark hair no moles. Now twilight years are here. Not sure how much longer I'll have him to enjoy and cherish. Love you Dad!!💓
Honored Contributor

Re: My Father 93💓

[ Edited ]

You and @Plaid Pants2 should get together and talk dads.   I lost mine in 2009, but treasure every minute you can with yours.   Mine was just short of 93 when he had a heart attack and died about a month later.   My mom died very suddenly in 2003, of West Nile Virus and he was kind of lost without her.   I think he was tired and ready to go. 

I hope you have many more happy years with your dad.   He sounds quite remarkable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity Wonderful to hear you speak of your father, he sounds like an amazing man, bless his heart and your family!

Honored Contributor

For your Dad and your family,

Image result for sending blessings pics

Honored Contributor

Beautiful tribute to your beloved Dad.  Dad and daughter cut from the same cloth!  Thank you so much for your generous sharing and reminding me of my own blessings.

Esteemed Contributor

Blessings to you & Dad!

Henry Gates just profiled Norman Lear, who is also 93. He was sharp as a tack!

I take notice of age 93 because my darling mother is also 93. She is a victim of some unfortunate circumstances, though, and is currently in a nursing home.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Your father sounds like he was way ahead of his time when it came to taking care of his mind/body combination. Basing what you have said in that respect, seems you may have inherited some very positive genetic genes.

He obviously has/is making the maximum out of his years on earth. Thank him for his time during WWII, which for my life, saved our American Freedoms and values. Judging from his age, he was a teenager at least part of his service during that war. Look around at many teens in this era, and compare their overall concern for our country.

You, as you have mentioned, are very fortunate to have had a parent, your father, for so many decades of your life. There are millions of us that wished our parent(s) had been with us in such a long period of our lives.

Don't know if your post reflects he had his 93rd birthday recently, but Happy 93 to him if I am late. May you have many more years with your father and grasp on to all of them. My father left when I was too young to remember him. From what my 3 older sisters, and my long deceased mother, I was fortunate not having him my life.

Always nice reading these types of stories, especially starting my day. So many negative things in our world, at times, way too many overlook how much the positives outweigh those negatives.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

What a sweet and loving story about your father.  He sounds like an amazing man.  I can tell you know how blessed you are are to still have him in your life.

I was a Daddy's Girl.  My father would have been 93 this year.  He was an old time family doctor. After he retired he became a volunteer tutor at his parrish school.

We celebrated his 90th birthday by taking a four generation family trip to Ireland.  My father died in his sleep the second night we were there. (I believe he thought Ireland was closer to Heaven)  It was such a bittersweet trip.  On the way over to Ireland, I sat next to him on the plane.  On the way home, I carried him in my hand luggage.

Give your sweet father a hug for me.

Respected Contributor

Lulu2, he must have been an amazing man-it was his time to go, but he had his family surrounding him, and died peacefully in his sleep....that's how so many of us want the end to be......peaceful and painless-and at a ripe old age! 

Beautiful! When it is our time to leave this world, may we all have that same experience!

For you: LIVE LOUD-the way he did!

Hugs new friend,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Swwetserenity, from the picture you posted, you have his genes! (I am referring to her posting on the Beauty Forum about a new hairstyle about two weeks ago)!  

Congratulations to still having that loving fountain of love! What a treasure!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2