Honored Contributor

Re: Mens Hockey at Sochi - SPOILER ALERT

On 2/19/2014 hckynut said:

I like this USA Team.

Hi John,

I'm liking this team very much, too. They are exciting to watch. They seem to have good chemistry.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

they're crying in Russia - oh well....

GO USA HOCKEY WOMEN & MEN

Respected Contributor

On 2/19/2014 dmod nj said:
On 2/19/2014 SeaGal said:
On 2/19/2014 dmod nj said:

I didn't catch why the goal wasn't allowed. I was doing some house chores while watching. If I read anything post it here.

As far as I can tell, sfnative, the game is Friday, noon eastern, on NBC SN.

TJ's dreams are coming true.......so far. Glad he is on Team USA. They look strong and confident.

ETA: This is the reason why the goal was not allowed. I copy and pasted this from the Montreal Gazette, the Canadian newspaper.

The ruling was that the puck did not fully cross the line, and Canada did not get a penalty shot because that cannot be awarded on review.

OK fully cross the line. You must see if you can find the replay, it was the last maybe 3 or 4 minutes of the game. It was so strange, the guy just reached his hand under his goalies leg and the puck was right there, could have been anywhere, he surely couldnt see it lol! The puck was more across the line than not, that was my confusion. Thanks! Great save than because the goalie likely could have bumped it over the line himself.

So you want Sweden to win so we can play them for Gold? OK, I will root for them to beat Finland! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

TEAM USA

Hi, Smiley Happy

Yes, I saw the guy sweep the puck, which was fully over the line, back out. It should have counted. In the end, it didn't mean anything. But, can you imagine if that was the difference in the game???? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

From my own selfish NY Rangers perspective, lol I would love to see an USA/Sweden final. lol

But, on the other hand, maybe a USA/Finland final would be better for my heart. LOL LOL{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

At this point, I'm just going to focus on the USA in the final. Smiley Happy

OK so it WAS fully over, I thought so. I am glad it wasnt the difference in the game too. Got to admit that was a good grab tho eh lol!

I just checked the schedule for the Sweden v Finland game, Friday 4:00 in the morning on the west coast. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} What were they thinking!!!

sfnative I bet that baby would love to be pushed around the yard in a wheelbarrow, save ya a trip to the mall. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Hubby gives wheelbarrow rides to the kitties, they love it!

John these guys a so fun to watch, they really did mesh well didnt they. Smile

I didnt catch any of the womens play but I sure am excited to get to see them go for the gold this morning, cant wait. Go girls....

Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2014 pink dogwood said:

they're crying in Russia - oh well....

GO USA HOCKEY WOMEN & MEN

I saw an ad for one of the late night talk shows last evening, cant remember who it was says 'looks like Siberia will be getting a new hockey team' {#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

eta~ just remembered after another coffee lol, it was Jimmy Fallon that said it in his monoloque last night!

Honored Contributor

If you are interested, I started a thread in Viewpoints for the women's game on now.

Come join us!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

Gotcha, thanks Donna!

Honored Contributor

Life can't get any better than having my morning coffee (7am) and watch team USA vs Canada Olympic Hockey game tomorrow!!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Watching USA / Canadian women now. 2 - 0. Hockey has been an Olympic highlight. Love the speed of our smaller women. Do love Canada (in general) as well. They are our good neighbors.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am going to have a thread, on Viewpoints, for Friday's men's semifinal game between Team USA and Team Canada.

Please join in and enjoy the fun!!

See you tomorrow. Smile

Respected Contributor

On 2/20/2014 ID2 said:

Life can't get any better than having my morning coffee (7am) and watch team USA vs Canada Olympic Hockey game tomorrow!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

With a lil Baileys in that coffee, thats me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Hope to see ya all tomorrow at Donna's, hey John, drop in for a cuppa sumpin if you're around!