Super Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

I have a question for all that has the Body Gym by Marie. Have you lost weight by doing her exercises??? If so how much & how long has it taken to lose it???

Would love to hear from EVERYONE that uses it.

TIA.

Diamonds22     

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Diamonds22 I am not certain the claim is weight loss alone in using this product. I guess the girl at the side of Marie constantly working out (?name?) speaks of losing lbs using resistance as opposed to cardio that she tried. I believe Marie states that it is what you eat that must be controlled and that the Body Gym is what helped to firm her after she lost weight but was still flabby in spots. 

I find this true also. I have to control what I EAT  along with exercising.  Resistance as the Body Gym builds muscle. The illustration of feathers and nails and the space they take up. If one builds muscle it fuels the metabolic fires . The scale may not show lbs. lost immediatley but ones waistband can be much looser first. This is a great thing to me. Marie's dresser noticed her back fat and squirrel arms firming up (making a difference in the size of clothing she needed.)

@Annabellethecat66 ty for the explanation

Honored Contributor

I don't really need to lose weight so I can't speak to that.  I bought it just for supplementing what I already do at the gym.  I can tell you it is no joke and I've really come down with the weight I do at the gym because frankly I think the bar does it ten times better and it's not an hour of my time in class.  

As someone else said, losing weight is as much or more about diet first and then exercise.  This is wonderful for building muscle that does burn more fat while you are at rest and not exercising.  Thumbs up if that's where your expectation is but realize it's only one part of a necessary effort along with a diet component for real weight loss.  

One caveat, muscle weighs more than fat so heads up to take that into account.  Weight training shapes your body and makes it leaner.  It doesn't necessarily make the scale lighter.    

Respected Contributor

You won't really lose weight, but it does give you strength training. The bar is  very portable, snaps together. I take it on trips and to the office. Like someone posted here, it gives the triceps a good workout. I really like it the more I use it. 

Valued Contributor

I have rheumatoid arthritis [bad] ;lupus and other stuff.-

and was contemplating getting this but I don't knoe , It looks difficult , I need new knees and a new shoulder but I need to do something , i feel like I am getting weaker and weaker and walking is not really and option as I only walk short distances  [bad knees] and I just look at thais and 'want ' to be able to do it, Anyone with bad arthritis do this

exercize bar and have any success?

cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

I have decided to downsize and started with all the useless exercise machines and gadgets I have collected throughout the years.  I have vowed to never buy any of it again.  I certainly don't need it since I do so much walking, and gardening gives me a huge weight lifting workout.  And, the freedom I feel from not having these these products take up space is great!  I think I have finally turned into my father.  He believed in keeping busy with physical activities related to work.  I can exercise and then stand back and admire my accomplishments instead of just figuring out where to store gadgets.   

Frequent Contributor

Well I got one of these last October with the idea that I would work on my upper body toning.  I am an avid walker and need an upper body exercise. I liked the idea of its compactness because I do not like cluttering up my life with more stuff.  I have used it regularly since then.  I also struggle to make myself exercise and the idea of this bar made me think I could easily slip this into my routine with little effort or dread. I am motivated to do better for my health by my four year old who we were blessed to have after my other two children left the nest.  I need strength and energy just to keep up! .I am Marie's age and can relate to her sruggles. I am very pleased by the results. I simply do two sets of 9 at night in my bathroom waiting for my daughter to finish playing in the tub (she thinks I am funny to watch). Simple.  I am now adding the lower body routine (should have done it all along) and hope for similar results.  I would say you just need to find what works for you to exercise more and eat less.  Don't over think it. Find something that works and do it.