Trusted Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond's new exercise bar -

i'm anxious to try it.. i use to use the bands at the gym granted they had easy ones to difficult ones, but it was a great workout, you can really feel it. cant wait to try this..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I decided to try this.  I go to the gym regularly including two power classes a week which is power lifting with a long bar and free weights.  I hurt my shoulder and I can't do as much weight as I want to anymore because I can't have my arm in that overhead position to put the bar on my back so I am hoping this will help me maintain until I heal that up.  I'm excited to try it.   

Respected Contributor

Your gym may not have done proper maintenance. Rubber latex degrades naturally over time and "rots." Even if you have never used a band, it goes bad in a number of months. So if it snapped, it should have been replaced earlier.

The BodyBar is pretty cool. Very portable. I did it last night and my triceps are amazingly worked out. 

Occasional Visitor

How does Marie Osmond claim to have this as a new bar? I still have my GYMBAR by Bodyflex created by Greer Childers at least 20 years ago....it has the same exercises to boot...that isn't right...she did have a breathing technique that was crazy but it worked

Why the cruel mention of her personal life? I think anyone who has negative comments is really covering their envy.

I'm 68 and sure hope I just get healthier from her Body Gym. But, flat stomach would be great!! Thanks Marie.

Baabs

I have had my 2 for awhile and never used them, but I started today while she was on and will continue.  Doesn't matter whose is better, just use one!

Valued Contributor

Just did the workouts from the new DVD and as much as I like the bar,  the workouts were hard to follow.  They only give you a 1 minute break between exercises but they don't tell you how to rearrange the bars/bands until there is not enough time to do it.  I missed the first 15 seconds of many of the leg exercises.   If they redo this DVD, they need to give you more time between exercises for those that require moving around.   I do think I will enjoy just using the bar without the DVDs tho  Its very effective. 

Esteemed Contributor

I Marie's bar and love it; however, the DVD is very poor. It's not a follow along DVD. You can only use it for information. A good DVD work along, has the teacher TALK you along. Marie's DVD is SILENT. You can't work out with it. 

I'm enjoying great results with the Body Gym. It's as good a workout as the health club for the TOP. The bottom workout is more difficult than at the health club with the bottom, but not impossible.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 are you refering to the body blade or Marie Osmond's body gym  giving you a hernia?

I have the body gym and really like it. Like any exercise equipment one has to actually use it -- my bad on any item I buy. All of a sudden the day is over and I have only looked at it and promised myself I am going to use it ! Smiley Embarassed It sounded in the sales pitch that Ms. Osmond shares a dislike of exercise with me. That appealed to me . When I do use it even for the short x  that she says can help , I feel better.  Soooo... I am going to strive to use it.

I think it is well made and love how easy it is to store.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay  It was a long time ago.  I remember it was the bar with the bonjee (sp) like thing attached to both ends.

Typical of me, of course I didn't read anything and put the elastic under my feet and started pulling up.  Well, it was bad.  I don't remember much else.

I didn't even know that was what happened except that it hurt until a few years later one of my Drs said, "You do know that you have a hernia?"  I'm like, "Well, I've had that bulge since I tried to bla bla".  He said, "Yep!  If you don't do things right, bad things can happen".  That was it.

I have so much back pain (and now knee pain) that I don't intend to do anything about any other part of my body.

When I was 18 I was in one of several bad car accidents.  On the first one I broke 3 vertebra's.  

It healed eventually (hospital for a month, corsett, etc) and it never bothered me.  Then, about 12, 13 years ago I was walking at Christmas down a Mall and felt a snap and tore the meniscus (sp).  I had it repaired very quickly but after that my back started.

It's been a nightmare.  So now you know my medical history (Ha)!  I don't blame anything.  It was my ignorance.  

It wasn't as fancy as what I see on TV.  I just remember it being a bar with the cord.  I did get it from either QVC or HSN.  That's the only place I shop.

I don't have many regrets in my life but I do regret not staying in better shape (I'll be 70 this year).

I look way younger because I don't have any wrinkles on my face (this is what I hear), but I always say, "My body has gone to Hell".

So, my advice to you is to keep exercising and it sounds like you are on the right track.  

My late husband worked out every single day (as do 2 of my daughters).  Now I can't do a lot.  For several years I did Yoga and loved it, then I had to stop.

I hope in the Spring to go back to 'chair' Yoga (can't get on the floor).

I hope you continue to exercise.  Keep up the good work.:smileyhappy: