Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

I just signed up for Diet Doctor program to make sure that I am doing everything correctly.  Fingers crossed.  I am enjoying reading all of your progress.  Good job.

@Hoovermom   I don’t know what Diet Doctor is.   I was writing all my foods down in a spiral notebook and this week finally decided to get with the times and use the Carb Manager app.  Super easy for tracking macros.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

I just signed up for Diet Doctor program to make sure that I am doing everything correctly.  Fingers crossed.  I am enjoying reading all of your progress.  Good job.

@Hoovermom   I don’t know what Diet Doctor is.   I was writing all my foods down in a spiral notebook and this week finally decided to get with the times and use the Carb Manager app.  Super easy for tracking macros.  

@JeanLouiseFinch :  See post #16 mentioned it and I had seen it before.  It is a 30 day free trial and I am trying it.  I am looking at Carb Manager app also, so best of luck.  Sounds like you are doing great and have mastered it.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Hi, @Hoovermom.  That’s Dr Fung’s site, right?  Good luck and I hope you will report your progress here.

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Hi, @Hoovermom.  That’s Dr Fung’s site, right?  Good luck and I hope you will report your progress here.

@tansy wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

Yes @tansy :  I am getting all of it together this week-end and should start soon.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Fathead Pizza is a gift to ketoers!  The dough is so easy to make.  We use the RAO's pizza sauce.  

Super Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Fathead Pizza is a gift to ketoers!  The dough is so easy to make.  We use the RAO's pizza sauce.  

I agree m way better than cauliflower crust !! I usually make it on Sundays , the only day I don’t count macros . 

Respected Contributor

Speaking of pizza, last night I just wanted a little something for dinner, not a major meal. So I got the idea to take a low carb tortilla and make a pizza out of it with Rao’s, mozzarella and pepperoni. 10 minutes in the toaster oven at 400 and it was so good! Good in a pinch for a snack or light meal.

Super Contributor
@Grouchomarx Rao’s is the best! I mean, almost as good as homemade, but beats out all other jarred sauces. And the ingredients are super clean. It’s worth the higher price tag!
Honored Contributor

Watching a lot of Dr. Berg's videos lately.  We need 4700 mg. daily and the majority of people do not get enough potassium in their diet.  Potassium protects our ateries, heart, kidneys, helps blood pressure etc.  Not enough and we could be at risk for heart attack. I've read about supplementing with electrolytes while following the keto WOE.  Most powdered mixes don't come close to meeting our requirements.  Eating avocados and leafy green salads helps, but we still can't eat enough to reach the 4700 mg.  Dr. Berg has created an electrolyte powder that contains 1000 mg. per serving.  I think I'm going to start taking it.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Watching a lot of Dr. Berg's videos lately.  We need 4700 mg. daily and the majority of people do not get enough potassium in their diet.  Potassium protects our ateries, heart, kidneys, helps blood pressure etc.  Not enough and we could be at risk for heart attack. I've read about supplementing with electrolytes while following the keto WOE.  Most powdered mixes don't come close to meeting our requirements.  Eating avocados and leafy green salads helps, but we still can't eat enough to reach the 4700 mg.  Dr. Berg has created an electrolyte powder that contains 1000 mg. per serving.  I think I'm going to start taking it.  

The fact that he’s selling products like that powder make me leery of him, @JeanLouiseFinch.  Maybe your doc will check your potassium levels.