Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

I like kale 

I prefer baby kale because the taste is not as overpowering

Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't know there was such as thing as baby kale. I will definitely give it a try.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

NO, 151949, you HATED IT, YOU LOATHED IT, but someone else loves it prepared that way.

WHY can't we use action language instead of negative adjectives!

WHY can't we all get this? I am by NO MEANS the brightest poster here, but I GET the difference between saying something is "AWFUL" and saying I "HATED" it.

Doesn't anybody ELSE get this?

Crawling back under my rock............

Honored Contributor

@violann

While I understand your emotion, I'm confused with the reason.

Other posters upthread have used the words 'awful' & 'hate' liberally.

Is it because it's in all caps?  

Valued Contributor

I enjoy the baby kale in salads as well as lightly sauteed with green apples and garlic and onion.   I will use it in soups in the fall/winter time when we enjoy winter meals. 

Honored Contributor

I know it's good for you but I am not a fan of the taste or texture of whole-raw kaleSmiley Tongue. I prefer to consume it in the dried powder form. The powder form of kale is tolerable for me and I can disguise it in smoothies or anything liquid or bake with it. 

Valued Contributor

I make smoothies with spinach, chard, cucumber, celery, and any other greens. I used to use Kale but I don't like taste so I switched to chard and it is not bitter like Kale.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

The only way I can eat kale is in the kale salad mix at Costco....it comes th lots of things but no lettuce, so it doesn't wilt

Honored Contributor

I don't like kale at all.  I've tried it several different ways, including chips that someone at Earth Fare convinced me I would love.  I just don't like it and probably won't ever try it again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I feel like I should defend my friend, Kale.Cat Tongue

I love it!  I think some of you who think it's bitter might enjoy it when it's been "massaged" for a few minutes in olive oil before sauteeing or adding to salads.  I always keep some kale in the freezer (bought from fresh) and add it to soups, casseroles, stir fries, etc.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/18/how-to-massage-kale_n_1601200.html

Trusted Contributor

I love kale cooked alone, in a salad (yes, massaging it is a must), stir-fried, in soups, roasted for chips, or in a green smoothie.  An orange added to the smoothie totally kills the taste of the kale.