Regular Contributor

Just wanted to say" Nurses are Fantastic and I thank all of you!

AS I write this I am on my 7th day in the hospital, I went to the ER last week thinking it was food poisoning,turned out to be bacterial meningitis, I will be released tomorrow,I had a mini stroke they told me also, I feel like my old self again and I know I am blessed because I know this is deadly. I just wanted to say I always had respect for Nurses and Doctors, I have a new appreciation for them, I met the most nicest people, will never forget them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Just wanted to say"" Nurses are Fantastic and I thank all of you!

Boy, you have been thru the wringer this last week!! Glad you are feeling better. I had some pretty great nurses during my time in the chemo ward a couple years ago and some not very good ones in the hospital after my mastectomy. Glad I was there only one night and home the next day. Hope you recover fully!!

Super Contributor

I am glad you are recovering and will be home soon. As for nurses, we come in all sizes, colors, ages and hopefully all dedicated to care and education for those we serve. I could have chosen another profession that paid so much more, and of course, had better hours, but that was not where my heart wanted me to go. After 47 years, I would chose nursing all over again, without pause or question. There truly is no greater honor than to serve others. Thankful you got the care you needed, and from here on life will have beautiful blessings for you.
Respected Contributor

Nurses are in the trenches of health care. Not many other professions work so hard and put in such long hours to serve others. And let me tell you, I have no use for those who put down our health care. May it survive all the current turmoil. We'll need it.

Esteemed Contributor

8 yrs ago, when I was 65 yrs old, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I'd never been sick before and never in a hospital. Well --- I spent lots of time in and out of the same hospital and was amazed that I received the best care from the nurses, doctors and staff. I couldn't believe how hard the nurses worked --- rushing around at all hours of the day and night. I then went for chemo treatments and - again - everyone was so kind and supportive. Right now I'm renting out a room for a few weeks - to a travel nurse - who arrived a few days ago from South Carolina. Her hours in the emergency room are 7AM to 7PM 3 days a week. I live in southern California - and the hospital is 5 minutes away.

Honored Contributor

I continue to be blown away with nurses that my husband and I encounter (at least) since January 2013 while we're curing him of his cancers. Their doctors should be praising them as well. I believe nurses work as hard as the doctors if not more so but in different ways that our doctors. Nurses are like HUGE periods at the end of the doctors' sentences. They pick up where the docs' leave off.

WE LOVE OUR NURSES - if it were not for them, I honestly do not know what we'd do without them!!!!

THANK YOU TO ALL who dedicate their lives to ALL OF US!

Respected Contributor

This is a great thread! I wish good health to all of you and add my thanks to nurses too. They have a hard job and are under appreciated by most people imho.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

I am not a nurse but I am married to a RN. I will tell him about this post.Very nice

Valued Contributor

I will tell my husband about this post. He is a nurse! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, Annabelle here. I am glad you are feeling better and will be going home soon. Also, I have 2 sisters who are RN's and 2 Nieces who are RN's, so on their behalf I'll say thank you and I totally agree with you.

My daughter recently had surgery. She was treated with respect and the utmost care.