Honored Contributor

Re: Is the flu still out there?

Not hearing from many people so that is a good sign that it is almost the end of the season.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/23/2015 dex said: O then I should have said stomach virus...growing up when you had a stomach virus we called it the flu

I always thought this, too!

Respected Contributor

Well, Dex, there is something unusual happening right now with diagnosed influenza cases-- rashes (usually seen with measles as opposed to influenza) and swollen salivary glands (usually seen with mumps as opposed to influenza). I have never heard of those two symptoms being associated with influenza before. It is strange and unexpected to say the least.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2015/03/flu-continues-ebb-cdc-probes-reports-rashes

Esteemed Contributor

My nephew had to make an emergency trip to a local hospital last night with his baby after she fell (she's fine) ; he said it was filled with people barfing in buckets with some kind of stomach flu. We're in the Chicago suburbs.
Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

A coworker called in sick Thursday with stomach flu. She thought she caught it from her son. Friday she woke up in pain and went to the ER. She had kidney stones.
Esteemed Contributor

I have been sick since last Tuesday....mostly a cough...no fever...no vomiting...(thank God)...

Honored Contributor

We just got back fom our evening walk and as we passed the emergency clinic we noticed the parking lot was full so there must be a lot of sick people here in Washington state
Trusted Contributor

On 3/23/2015 Jersey Born said:

Well, Dex, there is something unusual happening right now with diagnosed influenza cases-- rashes (usually seen with measles as opposed to influenza) and swollen salivary glands (usually seen with mumps as opposed to influenza). I have never heard of those two symptoms being associated with influenza before. It is strange and unexpected to say the least.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2015/03/flu-continues-ebb-cdc-probes-reports-rashes

WOW! That is interesting!

Honored Contributor

My sister had it last week, thought she was better, turned out not quite. She needed a good days rest to help feel better.

Honored Contributor

What do think is the reason for the rashes that some have experienced with this flu?I wonder if it is morphing into something else to strengthen its impact .