Respected Contributor
Doctor seemed to think my chronic gurglinh was harmless. Sent me to a GI doc who did a colonoscopy but findings were normal. Very strange I cant help but think the Dr missed something. I was told the gurgling sounds were muscular contractions. Dr. Didnt belueve me when I told him it was a disease. The medical profession today just isnt like it was in the 60s when they listened to you and tried to help you find a cure. Now its like a factory, they rush you in and out.
Honored Contributor

@Reever

Have you tried an "elimination" diet to see if the gurgling goes away?

Honored Contributor

If that's your only symptom & you had a clean colonoscopy, I don't think you have a disease.

It could be gas.   Try an anti-gas OTC product.

@Reever wrote:
Doctor seemed to think my chronic gurglinh was harmless. Sent me to a GI doc who did a colonoscopy but findings were normal. Very strange I cant help but think the Dr missed something. I was told the gurgling sounds were muscular contractions. Dr. Didnt belueve me when I told him it was a disease. The medical profession today just isnt like it was in the 60s when they listened to you and tried to help you find a cure. Now its like a factory, they rush you in and out.

Honored Contributor

My DH has the loudest gurgling sounds from his gut that you can imagine!

The last time we were at his Gastro Dr., it was gurgling loudly and I asked him about it and he said that gurgling is a good thing, it means the intestinal system is working, when the gut is totally quiet, that's a problem.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

just curious....did the doctor even ask about your diet before ordering a colonoscopy?

Honored Contributor

@Reever

Not to scare you, but if you think there is something wrong you might want to consider being persistent.

DSIL (sister) died from a lymphoma tumor in her abdomen after a negative colonoscopy.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

So, the doctor told you it wasn't a disease and a colonoscopy has come out normal?  But you are telling the doctor that it is a disease?  Do you have a medical degree?

I believe in paying attention to your own body, but I think with the tests you've had, it's a bit much to be blaming the doctor for "not listening" to you.

The only test I might recommend (and it's a shame you didn't have it at the same time as the colonoscopy) is an endoscopy to check for signs of celiac disease.  You would still need a biopsy to confirm it, but it's a possibility.

My own doctor is anything but a "factory".  Her whole practice listens, takes the time you need and provides excellent care.  But they don't believe in overprescribing drugs or ordering tests that aren't necessary.

Respected Contributor

What were symptoms? I'm terrified of cancer can't deal with it. 

Super Contributor

A colonoscopy only looks at the inside of the colon, not the whole inside of the abdomen.  

Respected Contributor

Aprildreams I've been pushing for a Cat scan but my doctor doesn't think it's necessary. I think a cat scan would be the way to go to rule out any tumors. It's not invasive and easy to administer.