Contributor

Is there anything I can take internally to help with this skin condtion on my legs? I have the most dry skin with flakes, scales and warty things going on. I have used everything my Derm. has asked me to.including Am-Lactin. Thanking you in advance for any advice that you may know of!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ichthyosis Sin Condition

@lorretta wrote:

Is there anything I can take internally to help with this skin condtion on my legs? I have the most dry skin with flakes, scales and warty things going on. I have used everything my Derm. has asked me to.including Am-Lactin. Thanking you in advance for any advice that you may know of!

You have to let your doctor know that nothing is working.  Also ask the dr about using a med you can take internally. 

Otherwise seek a 2nd or 3rd doctor opinion.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@lorretta I replied to you in the Beauty Forum, but will share the same response here as well.

I don't have this but have read that it's a condition where the dead skin won't shed itself.  It sounds like you need some help with exfoliation.  You might try a salux cloth during your shower.  Then after the shower, I'd suggest the Alpha Skincare Revitalizing Body Lotion with 12% Glycolic Acid.  It's a really good body cream.  I use it and don't notice any tingling from the glycolic acid.  It's not expensive either.

Honored Contributor

I swear by Josie Maran's Argon Body Butter.  I have the driest skin on the planet with itchy patches, etc. and this product has been a huge relief for me.  I use it everywhere....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I agree with JeanLouise, sounds like you need a good exfoliator, maybe give the skinn Dermappeal a try, I am sure you can use it on the body too. It is the TTV for today on Evine, great deal.

Contributor

Thanks to all of you for the great ideas! I will take heeed to all of these and....get a new Derm! God Bless

Honored Contributor

@lorretta

Will give more info tomorrow if you like.

However, I noticed that mine started up again this winter at Christmas after putting my UGGS on twice and only wearing them about 15 min.

I knew I was alleric to wool, but never thought about it until the Sherpa crises!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Hi,

'my dad was born with ichthyosis. He has it from head to toe since birth. It's been decades when he tried an oral med for his condition and it had horrible side effects including nerve damaging his hearing.  he tried something a few years ago and it made his finger nails to fall off. Not good. He vowed never to take another oral med for his skin condition.  He takes Aquaphor and he mixes it with a prescription solution.