Honored Contributor

Re: IBS Sufferers --- Please share what helps you --

@AngelPuppy
Thank you😊
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I posted this under VLS 3 but I wondered if anyone had experience with or knew someone who had had a FECAL transplant. Some studies show a 98% cure of IBS. Mass General is doing these.

It is basically replacing your gut flora bacteria with that of a healthy donor-usually a family member. 

Respected Contributor

I never ever eat any dairy.  Please Check out Heather's Tummy Fiber.  She has a website and you can get a can of it cheap on Amazon.  Best stuff ever.

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom wrote:

Just an aside about IBGard----it has peppermint, but it also contains menthol, which is eliminated in the urine. I took the capsules twice and each time I felt the menthol come out through my urine. Since I have uterine cancer and went through vag radiation 3 years ago, that area is sensitive---whatever came out through my urine made me bleed!!! Once I stopped the IBGard, so did the bleeding. Just a word to the wise--if you've had internal pelvic radiation, taking this OTC drug might be a problem. Check with your doctor first!

I just checked : The CVS version does not have menthol. Also Heathers Tummy does not. 

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1@granddi@mima

yes! Thank you I just started using Heather's fiber and oh it is so calming!

Just started taking enzymes... my face breakouts stopped and sinuses are clearer.

Yesterday I sipped on water with a few drops of peppermint oil in it and today everything is all functioning correctly.

Thank you all so much for submitting tips!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1@granddi@mima

yes! Thank you I just started using Heather's fiber and oh it is so calming!

Just started taking enzymes... my face breakouts stopped and sinuses are clearer.

Yesterday I sipped on water with a few drops of peppermint oil in it and today everything is all functioning correctly.

Thank you all so much for submitting tips!

@LTT1

Glad you found some items which are helping you! Please post after you have used them for awhile and let us know if they continue to help!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1@granddi@mima@hyacinth003@BeccaLou

Upcoming Holidays call for drastic measures 🦃 🎄 

Here is what is going on with me:

1) Heather's fiber -- follow instructions it works and don't omit it! Since 11/5/2016

2) ENZYMES Garden of Life huge difference 2 months so far

3) Align -- a heavy-duty probiotic with a powerful punch.. for IBS-C

4) Castor Oil capsules: as per directions every day 

5) Garden of Life Gluten-free Support as needed

6) Gluten-free diet as much as possible to decrease inflammation.

There is a breath test now to tell the doctors which type of bacteria is colonizing your colon. It is still being studied, but it appears closer to becoming an acceptable test for diagnosing/prescribing.

I will not be able to partake much of my favorite foods this year. However, with such palpable relief as I have been having, I certainly will be much happier and healthier!

Happy Thanksgiving all! 🦃 

Honored Contributor

Benefiber or the Walmart equivalent of it will not cause the same stopmach issues of other fiber powders that contain psyllium, i have been taking Benefiber for over 6 years now.

Respected Contributor

Just gonna throw this out there for what it's worth as I have not had a problem in this area myself. But many, many years ago my elderly father (he was 80) started having problems...he was having to go to the bathroom dozens of times a day and couldn't leave his home. He had a colonoscopy (his first!) and was diagnosed with some kind of colitis/IBS but I cannot remember the exact name of it now. The doctor gave him medication but said this condition was hard to treat...and the medicine did not help much at all. Anyway, I started doing research and eventually I asked him to get off all NSAIDS. No Aleve, Advil, Aspirin, etc. It turned his situation around completely! Anytime he would try to get back on them he would have problems. It was sad as he had arthritis and needed the NSAIDS, but he had to make a choice.

Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there. I know these issues can all but ruin your life. I recall my dad wasn't able to attend his beloved younger brother's funeral service as he was afraid he would not be able to make it to a bathroom in time. Sad.

Hoping you all can find "your" answer to these problems.     

Respected Contributor

Fennel tea, peppermint tea without caffeine

Donnatal,  gas tabs, papaya enzyme, 

Brown rice, heating pad

Moving around helps expel gas, warm baths or showers

muscle relaxants, massage, anti anxiety rx

During extreme attacks eating only brown rice, and plain bread 

Above all try, try, try to relax, good luck