Super Contributor

I've had a kidney stone for 3 weeks.

Had a Ct-can so I know it's there. I have taken all the meds they've prescribed. Trying to drink lots of water like they advise. ( this is difficult as I do not like to drink copious amounts of anything). I will be seeing a urologist tomorrow to see if they will go up and get it out. The pain seems to be worse when I am trying g to sleep.

Boy, what a wonderful 70th  birthday gift.!

Anybody have some kidney stone stories?

Super Contributor

Re: I've had a kidney stone for 3 weeks.

god bless you.  have heard of this but I'm sure have NO IDEA of the trauma.  hang in there

Trusted Contributor

I really feel for you.  I have had two kidney stones and one gallstone.   I know how painful they are.   Are you going for lithotripsy?   My son had that and it broke it up.   

After this is finished, please adjust your diet and supplements.   Some of us are just prone to this and must take steps to avoid recurrances.   

I will be praying for you.  You must be exhausted.

Trusted Contributor

Good luck. those stones are so painful.  When you see the Urologist let him know just how much pain you are experiencing, maybe they can help you sooner.

Super Contributor

My daughter had one removed with surgery.. it would not pass.  She wasn't eating and throwing up... also had her gallbladder removed.  The CT Scan was done when we took her to the ER.  

Sorry this happened on your Birthday..   Pray you feel better soon.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman  Please tell me about the adjustments you made. TIA

Respected Contributor

@pegomyheart   sorry to hear about your discomfort.  dh used to get stones all the time. several trips to the er. after seeing a urologist, he was told a low oxalate diet, which is really a head scratcher, when you see what you can and cannot have.  anyhow, the point of the story is,  for him, the beloved potato is what was causing dh most of the stones.  since we have cut those out of his diet, he hasn't had a single one.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, I've had a kidney stone which was considered on the larger size and my urologist knew it wasn't going to pass due to how low it was in the kidney.  Funny thing was, I had no idea I had one...I felt great.  I had lithotripsy done to break up the stone and pass the fragments.  It was no big deal at all.  That was about 10 years ago.  I now have a tiny one in the same spot.  It hasn't grown in years.  My sister and daughter also have a stone and they're both symptom free and do nothing about them.  I take supplements to try to keep them at bay. So far so good.  The urologist said the one I have now could be a fragment left behind from the lithotripsy.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your pain.  Stones are very painful, especially when they're moving.  Hopefully you can be scheduled for a non-invasive procedure to break up the stone.  That would be so much easier for you than if they have to go up to retrieve it.

Drinking lots of watch should help to flush it.  Do you take calcium supplements?  Just wondering.  Try to avoid soda.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I think everyone in my family had them multiple times except me. I do hope it passes soon and that you feel better.