Super Contributor

I think the melanoma is winning

I am really sad because I think my husband is losing the battle with melanoma. It's back in his neck (third time, original site). He's had so much surgery on his neck the doctor said he wouldn't suggest surgery at this point. It's also in his lung, but the lung melanoma is stable. He got radiation for that. 

They are going to change the immunotherapy from Keytruda, to something else, but I can't remember the name. 

Im afraid to ask what if the new immunotherapy doesn't work?  But I am praying and have many prayers going up that this new treatment gets rid of the melanoma once and for all. Miracles still do happen. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I think the melanoma is winning

Bless you both.  I will certainly keep you in my prayers.

Frequent Contributor

@Ditzydori wrote:

I am really sad because I think my husband is losing the battle with melanoma. It's back in his neck (third time, original site). He's had so much surgery on his neck the doctor said he wouldn't suggest surgery at this point. It's also in his lung, but the lung melanoma is stable. He got radiation for that. 

They are going to change the immunotherapy from Keytruda, to something else, but I can't remember the name. 

Im afraid to ask what if the new immunotherapy doesn't work?  But I am praying and have many prayers going up that this new treatment gets rid of the melanoma once and for all. Miracles still do happen. 

@Ditzydori

I'm so sorry to hear about what you, your husband, family and friends are going through.  Cancer should never be allowed to win.  Try to keep thinking positive thoughts and yes, miracles do happen every day....never stop believing in them.  Sometimes just as you're ready to give up, something amazing can happen.  Keep believing and know that there are so many people out here that are holding you in their thoughts and hearts.  

Trust your doctors, trust your treatment, trust your family and friends, and most importantly, trust your prayers....

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.
Trusted Contributor

@Ditzydori  Please don't lose hope.  A friend of mine had melanoma on her arm and it was removed 7 years ago.  Last year, she noticed a lump in her arm.  After testing, they determined it had metastisized to a new tumor in her arm and her lungs also.

She did the immunotherapy treatment.  Not sure which one, but the first one  made her really ill and she had to take a break.  She recently finished her treatments and is totally cancer free.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

@Ditzydori  I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's struggle with that horrible disease.  Please keep the faith that the best will take place.  I know it is hard, we've dealt with cancer personally and through a dear friend.  

Just keep praying and try to find strength to get through day by day.

We just had a dear friend lose her battle, I think I am still in shock.  She battled over 2-1/2 years, it was her second battle.  I know God has a plan for her and she is at peace.

Just remember we are here for you and your family.  God bless you all.

Prayers for painless healing.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers to a man animated images

Honored Contributor

Please know that we all feel for you here and are thinking positive thoughts and sending positive energy to you and your husband.  No one knows how you feel but you, but we know that this is so hard to handle and it is so hard to remain positive.  I know that there are miracles happening every day and one of those could be happening for you and your husband at any time, so don't give up!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

May God bless you both

Super Contributor

Thanks sooo much for all of your very encouraging posts. I really appreciate it so much. ❤❤❤
Esteemed Contributor

@Ditzydori~ having had family with melanoma, I know some of what you are going through. Keep the faith sweetie, miracles do happen! 

Hugs and prayersHeart