Honored Contributor

Re: I Would Appreciate Prayers and Thoughts For My Dad

[ Edited ]

@jubilant, I'm glad that you have family with you during this ordeal.  You will be in my thoughts and I hope he recovers soon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@jubilant

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am glad you got him in to have the blood test early instead of waiting for Monday. Sepsis that the sooner diagnosed the better. He has beat a lot of things and this will add to his count.

My thoughts are with your dad and with you. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I hope you're able to tell us some good news soon.  Prayers that he recovers quickly. 

Be diligent even with hospital staff about washing/wearing gloves--speak up!

Respected Contributor

God bless you all! I will add you all to my prayers!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

An update on Dad:

Dad's fevers broke and no fever yesterday.  His lactic acid has returned to normal and his blood pressure is staying in a normal range. He is very tired and weak and wants to sleep a lot.  He will have to be in rehabilitation for awhile and he will get that at the nursing home.  Hopefully, he will go home before next week.

It pays to stand your ground with these nursing homes. Not sure how much damage has been done and at 88 he will have to work to gain his strength but Dad is a fighter.  He has had 11 major operations since he was about 65. I can remember people saying several times that ...."he will never make it this time"....His will to live amazes me.  It looks like we caught it early.  I think prayer has had a lot to do with it.  Thanks so much for all the prayers.

I know, at 88, in his feeble condition, time is getting shorter but whatever time he has left, I thank God for every day. Every 3 years......he gives himself a goal of another 3 yrs.  He did tell me a few months ago, however, that he doesn't plan to go for 100! 

Honored Contributor

Prayers are being sent!!!  Best wishes!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with your dear dad.  He sounds like my mom, who lived to 94.  Everytime they said she wouldn't survive, she came back with a roar.  You do have to watch those nursing homes.  My best friend's mom had a terrible cough and difficulty breathing but nothing 'they' considered severe.  My friend wanted her sent to the hospital but 'they' said it wasn't necessary.  That evening, my friend received a call telling her that her dear mother passed away in her sleep....pneumonia.  My friend lives with untold guilt at not insisting they send her to the hospital.  She said she trusted them and felt they knew what they were doing even though her gut told her otherwise.

Another friend's mom was in a nursing home and started running a fever among other symptoms.  She and her siblings felt mom should have gone to the hospital but the nursing home said it was nothing serious.  Unfortunately, Mom developed sepsis and by the time they got her to the hospital, it was too late.

I kept my mom at home until she passed but those nursing homes MUST be carefully watched by the family.  If you have the slightest feeling something is amiss, despite what 'they' tell you, insist he/she be sent to the hospital.  God bless your dad and you.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

Will take a moment right now and ask that his health be restored.

Respected Contributor

good luck with your dad.hope everything goes well. will pray for your dad.

Honored Contributor

Hope everything is going better.......