Honored Contributor

Am at the other hospital now and it took me awhile to locate a computer. Course I was busy with other things like drinking another 2 gallons of NuLytely(formerly called GoLytely), the last 2 days.

Had first Double Balloon Enteroscopy Monday, but unfortunately there was too much dried blood to allow the doctor to get past the valve that allows entry from the colon into the small intestines. So!! That was basically an wasted procedure, another day of only apple juice and orange jello, and of course the gallon of NuLytely.

Had to prep again last night with yes, another gallon of NuLytely, which now totals 3 in 5 days. Still the same great 2 food groups mentioned above.

Went in for the 2nd Double Balloon Enteroscopy this morning, dripping blood all the way into the room, for another go around at finding and fixing.

WHOPPEEE!!! He found it and fixed it. This time is was the same area of the colon as my doctors father fixed in 2008, which was in my right colon. He couldn't cauterize or laser this time so he did was is called a tissue "clip". He described it as looking like a small paper clip and said it would come out on it's own in 4-6 weeks.

Need and MRI for my Hematologist for a nodule found on my kidney. BUT! It's a no go now because of the "clip". It is metal and bad things would happen when a strong magnet meets up with a small paper clip inside my colon. Gotta let the doctors work this one out.

Don't know how long I will remain in this hospital before I can go home. Got to wait and make sure the bleeding has permanently subsided, for now anyways, and take it from there. Don't know if that means a day or several days. Will do as I always do and take things as they come.

This now puts me in a category my Gastric Doc calls a "Two Strikes Patient". Having bleeding in the same part of the colon twice, means if I have another bleed in the same area? Out comes that piece of my right colon. Here is hoping twice is the end of this saga for me and my wife, and all of my cyber-friends here having to read about all of this from me.

A big thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers over the last week or so. I know every single one of them were and are a part of my healing and my ability to be able to handle this both mentally and physically as well as possible.

A nicer group of friends, cyber or real, would be hard to find for anyone. I will try to update a bit when I can along with not making a nuisance of myself with this health problem.

Thank you again to all of you from you friend,

JOhn

hckynut(john)