Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The wording of the OP's question is confusing.  I don't think they are asking what we drink, but the kind of vessel we drink from.

I have a supply of 24 oz. Tervis Tumblers that I drink from.  I'm currently looking for something to use in the car during warm weather - Yeti, Arctic, etc.  Any recommendations?

@JeanLouiseFinch Yes, you are correct, although, I guess I didn't word it very well.

The reason I ask is that I used to drink a lot of bottled water. I noticed that sometimes, especially if I left it in my car, the water tasted like plastic. I've since learned that plastic doesn't biodegrade, it photo degrades, meaning, it breaks down when it's exposed to light...some plastics break down when exposed to heat too..and if you are tasting plastic, it means the chemicals are leaching. No thanks. That's when I stopped with plastic. I asked the question because every time I turn around there seems to be another water bottle on the market, some I'd never heard of, so I was wondering what vessel people use.

Guess I should have asked that..lol...but it's also interesting to see how many people don't drink water...or something other than..

I couldn't get through the day without drinking at least 1 gallon (not kidding, I drink at least that in water a day)

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

The very last thing I would ever put in my purse would be a drink of anything  no matter what the container. I'm not one for carrying around a drink constantly anyway - at the gym I drink at the nice ice cold water fountain. People are always leaving those sweaty drink containers all over the place in a gym - they just make a mess.

I never leave home without a container of water. I even have a favorite Travelon bag with a water holder (too bad it's so ugly to carry) but I've never had a problem with the containers I use to toss water into the bag itself. I don't carry a ginormous thing with everything but the kitchen sink in it anyway...lol

Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

(thread title)

@Quse

Being an athlete almost my whole adult life, along with spending over 30 years working in a 100°+ factory, I have always kept myself well hydrated. Not doing so would have caused me serious results.

What I use depended on my plans and location. Drag Racing in the hot sun from sunrise sometimes till sunset, I always had a huge commercial water dispenser or thermos. Training for Speed Skating and being a player or hockey Ref, I always carried at least a half gallon or water or a highly diluted electrolyte drinks.

Still carry a jug of water in my "male bag" to all my doctor/hospital and therapy sessions. Basically, wherever my body is at the time, fluid is always only a reach away. Depending on my physical efforts and temperatures of the day, no day goes by without at least 96oz of fluid, which includes 16oz of skim or 2% milk.

Glad you asked, and I thank you.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut  You hydrate along the same lines that I do, although I'm not super athletic anymore with 2 bad knees. Walking, cycling amd lifting ia about the extent now, but I really miss running.

I probably drink at least a gallon, maybe a little more, a day. All water, except for the 2 cups of coffee

I'm glad I asked too. You're welcome!

Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I hate water!

I drink iced tea and milk, no soda.......does vodka count?

@KingstonsMom   Well of course.......it's liquid!

Lol

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

The reason I ask is that I used to drink a lot of bottled water. I noticed that sometimes, especially if I left it in my car, the water tasted like plastic. I've since learned that plastic doesn't biodegrade, it photo degrades, meaning, it breaks down when it's exposed to light...some plastics break down when exposed to heat too..and if you are tasting plastic, it means the chemicals are leaching. No thanks. That's when I stopped with plastic. I asked the question because every time I turn around there seems to be another water bottle on the market, some I'd never heard of, so I was wondering what vessel people use.

Guess I should have asked that..lol...but it's also interesting to see how many people don't drink water...or something other than..

I couldn't get through the day without drinking at least 1 gallon (not kidding, I drink at least that in water a day)

I keep unopened water in the car in an insulated lunch bag.  I have never noticed it tasting different.  After I open one, if I don't drink it all while I am out, I take it in the house and finish it.  I am a water drinker from way back!

Trusted Contributor

Bottled water.

We have bottled water on hand because we both use it.

My husband also likes to use the diet soft drink mixes and diet iced tea mixes, and he likes to put those in his bottle water, too.

I also like to be able to take some water with us when we're out, just in case I need to have a drink with me. 

Valued Contributor

I always have something to drink with me.  I drink water all day long.

If I have errands to run in the morning, I usully have coffee in the car. 

It all depends where I'm going and what I'm doing. 

Respected Contributor

I try to drink as much water that I can.  I have a very small water bottle, 8 oz. that fits in my purse &  at work I have a larger water bottle.  I try, except for two cups of coffee in the morning and a glass or two of wine with dinner, to drink water the rest of the time.  I gave up soda, drink water instead.  Instead of drinking orange juce in the morning, I eat an orange.  

Honored Contributor

@Quse

I prefer a glass for my water (very cold), too.

When I am on the go I use Contigo steel travel mugs with spill proof lids. 

I don't buy water in plastic bottles.

Honored Contributor

I do indeed.  I'm on diet, I drink 80oz of water a day.  I don't mind bottled water, I have bottles of water everywhere.  I carry a bottle of water, sometimes a 1 liter with me everywhere I go.