Valued Contributor

Re: Health Issues --- mind and body connection

Hi @AngelPuppy1 -  Books by Louise Hay might be helpful.  She has many of them - perhaps one will speak to you if you look at the titles of her books on Amazon.  She also has a lot of youtube videos, I believe, or CDs available.  Her voice is very soothing, as is her choice of wording.

Wishing you strength, peace, and comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

I understand the mental issues during any, and many, different health and injury problems. Said here many times during most lengthy recoveries/rehabs, that the physical pain is the easy part.

I really don't have any inspirational books to suggest for you. For me I read primarily books or articles written by athletes or Sports Medicine people I highly respected and admired. Many times I had to reach deep within, that was mentally or even physically, by thinking or writing down what I could do, as compared to what i was not able to do.

This always helped me put my injury/health issue, into the perspective of my whole way of living. The positives always outweighed the negatives.

Hope some suggestions here help you as you make your way through your tough times. 

Wishing you the very best,

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

Thank you for your thoughtful reply!  I do at times tend to dwell on the negative at times such as these and I thank you for reminding me that I need to try harder to think about the positives.  I agree that it is harder to get your mindset and deal with this than it is the pain situation!!!!  

This is the essence of The Serenity Prayer-  it helps me through all of life's challenges. And sometimes even to just get through the day!! I am not a religious person either.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@AngelPuppy1, I am like you.  I am a private person so support groups are not really my thing.  Sending a prayer for positive thoughts and a successful result.  LM

@Lilysmom

Thank you and I wish the same for you!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

Hi @AngelPuppy1 -  Books by Louise Hay might be helpful.  She has many of them - perhaps one will speak to you if you look at the titles of her books on Amazon.  She also has a lot of youtube videos, I believe, or CDs available.  Her voice is very soothing, as is her choice of wording.

Wishing you strength, peace, and comfort.

@Julie_23

I have never heard of her, but I will certainly check her offerings out! Thank you and I wish the same for you! 

Frequent Contributor

I strongly believe in, utilize meditation, the body and mind connection.Used to think it was silly until I worked with a group for many months and it changed my life dealing everything horrific that was on my plate.  There are a ton of resources online, tons of apps pertaining to mind, body. We are fortunate all the tools available from a click of the mouse.  Take care of yourself, sending positive thoughts🙏

Honored Contributor

@PrettyGerl wrote:

I strongly believe in, utilize meditation, the body and mind connection.Used to think it was silly until I worked with a group for many months and it changed my life dealing everything horrific that was on my plate.  There are a ton of resources online, tons of apps pertaining to mind, body. We are fortunate all the tools available from a click of the mouse.  Take care of yourself, sending positive thoughts🙏

@PrettyGerl

I need to take some time to go on-line.  There is so much junk to wade through, it does take time.  I start to look and then get tired as there is a lot of side advetising, etc.  I do think there is a lot to be said for this though.  Thank you!