Respected Contributor

Have you found a perfect MultiVitamin?

I cannot find that perfect Multi-Vitamin for women over 50. It seems that I still have to add other bottles and end up with 12 or so different tablets. Currently using Centrum Silver but have to add Calcium, D3, B 12, C , Magnesium, K and others. So many MV have iron too. 

I take Tumeric, Co-Q10, Alpha Lipoic, Dim, Cranberry, Omega 3, Resvertrol, and Nicatimamide. Then there is the Probiotic, Fiber tabs and occassional Milk Thistle. 

And no, I am not overdosing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you found a perfect MultiVitamin?

@granddi wrote:

I cannot find that perfect Multi-Vitamin for women over 50. It seems that I still have to add other bottles and end up with 12 or so different tablets. Currently using Centrum Silver but have to add Calcium, D3, B 12, C , Magnesium, K and others. So many MV have iron too. 

I take Tumeric, Co-Q10, Alpha Lipoic, Dim, Cranberry, Omega 3, Resvertrol, and Nicatimamide. Then there is the Probiotic, Fiber tabs and occassional Milk Thistle. 

And no, I am not overdosing. 

I am in same boat, I am 63, take Centrum Silver for Adults over 50, or Walmart Equate equivalent. I also supplement with many others including many of the ones you listed. I buy from Swanson or Puritans Pride.

Regular Contributor

I too take the Centrum silver for over 50, D3 and Caltrate w/vitamin D and minerals.

Respected Contributor

I take Andrew Lessman (HSN or ProcapsLabs.com).  I hope he never stops working because I refuse to take any other brand of vitamins.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I take Andrew Lessman's multi vitamin sold on HSN.  I also take his COQ10, Vitamin D and Friendly Flora.  All natural - very good quality - made in USA.  The difference in how I feel is actually noticeable.  Will never go back to drug store brand.  Check it out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@granddiI have myself and Hubby on Source Naturals Life Force. It comes in several formulas--- with a choice of with or without iron and I buy the original formula in capsules--  no iron.....take four a day.   I like the formula and it is easy on the stomach taken with food. This is the foundation for our vitamin regime. We take other vitamins and supplements as well.

We have been on this multiple for probably  10 years or so.

It is rather mind boggling to look through all the multi vitamins on the market and know what to choose.

I JUST WANT TO INTERJECT:  There are going to be those posters who are going to shame anyone who CHOOSES  to take a multiple vitamin.  There is one poster especially who is this advocate for just getting everything in your food and no one needs vitamins at all... I think that is fine, but I just wish that they would not  come on a thread like this one and put all of us down and shaming us for taking vitamins.  If they are asked questions  for their no vitamin food only regime, fine.... I just hope this thread can stay on track and not get infected with the no vitamin  theory.   

Trusted Contributor

I thought if you not having periods you shouldn't take iron. I'm  I Wrong? 

Honored Contributor

@granddi - In a word, no.

There is no single dose of any kind of supplement that is going to cover all those bases.  My DH and I take a number of supplements, starting with a multi but adding others that we believe are important.  

Trusted Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch, I was going to say the same thing. you can't possibly cram everything we need in one tablet. it's just not possible. we take a mv aside from many other supplements. it's only when we travel, that we pack just our mv. centrum silver or one a day over 50, for us. 

Trusted Contributor

I also use Andrew Lessman's Essential 1 -- no colors, fillers and isn't a hard rock pill.  Also use his calcium, glucosomine, omega-3.  I live in Henderson where he has his solar factory.