Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten their presciptions through a Canadian Pharmacy?

Yes, but it was several years ago when I was chronically ill and needed certain meds.  It was cheaper to get a 90 day supply of the name brand from Canada.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@151949  You never respond to notifications so I don't know if you'll bother to read this.  I did some research tonight on the Voltaren Gel.  The price at most places has gone sky-high and many places are requiring a script.  I found one place selling it for $12, but it's only a 30g tube. Another place had decent prices but required a script, which is just a pain to keep up and mail internationally.

For 5 or 6 years, I've been buying it fromPharmacyMix.com. I get a 150g tube for $23.  They are the only place that sells it in extra strength which is 100g for $23.  I ordered it once and couldn't tell much difference.  You do have to pay S&H but I always get about 6 tubes at a time to save on the shipping.  A friend and I often combine our orders.  It takes 7-10 days to get it.

Just wanted to let you know so maybe you can save a few pennies. ☺

Thanks for the info - I haven't bought any since last fall - they brought me 3 huge tubes when they came in the fall and I still have most of the second one and haven't opened the third.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought MDs were starting to send most Rx's electronically now so how do you get around that if you want to shop in Canada?

Super Contributor

My Dr. asked me if I wanted a handwritten or to call it in some where, so I had

the option of either.  I had her call it in as I would get it filled sooner that way.

Either way it ends up in the computer base.   A handwritten allows you the option

of deciding where you might have it refilled if you did not know at the time for

what ever reason.

@Snoopp wrote:

I thought MDs were starting to send most Rx's electronically now so how do you get around that if you want to shop in Canada?