Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced or know about feet constantly cramping?

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sometimes statin drugs will cause cramping. CoQ10 or ubiquinol sups may help with this issue.

Are you taking statins @isaboo?

I agree about statin drugs, they have the capacity of causing severe muscle problems, some of which can become permanent....  be careful with them and contact your doctor if you are on them and experiencing muscle problems.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sometimes statin drugs will cause cramping. CoQ10 or ubiquinol sups may help with this issue.

Are you taking statins @isaboo?

I agree about statin drugs, they have the capacity of causing severe muscle problems, some of which can become permanent....  be careful with them and contact your doctor if you are on them and experiencing muscle problems.

Yes, I would definitely suggest this as a possibility if the OP is taking statins, especially if they started noticing the cramps after starting statins.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Just bought some Magnesium Glycinate 400 for just this reason.  It's in the mail and I can't wait.  My eye lid has been twiching too.  This should stop too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a comment, that several prescription medications (for diabetes, for example) rob the body of B vitamins, especially B-12, and that B vitamins have more to do with the musculoskeletal system than many realize. It's so simple to buy a bottle of the dissolve-in-your-mouth B-12 tablets, they're cheap and available everywhere.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I run and find if I'm not properly hydrated my feet cramp. To stop the cramping I just pull my big toe straight out for a few seconds and the cramp goes away. I always follow up with at least 8 ounces of water.
Esteemed Contributor

@isaboo, one of the most widely used groups of drugs is PPIs, which reduce production of digestive acids. They're commonly prescribed, but also available to anyone OTC.

If you take a pill to reduce production of stomach acids, I suspect you may be experiencing muscle cramps as a side effect.

Call your Doc. This group of drugs is capable of leeching the calcium right out of your bones if taken long term.

As time goes on muscle cramps can be joined by heart rhythm and vision issues, ALL due to mineral shortages, mostly calcium.

Again, don't waste time, call your Doc to arrange for a routine blood draw to check your electrolytes. 

Honored Contributor

My solution will sound nutsy, but it works every time.

I used to wear Birkenstocks 100% of the time, and have gotten rid of all but a couple pair. 

I get leg leg and foot cramps by moving my legs or feet just the wrong way, and once I feel the muscle cramping, I get up and put my Birks on, take 10 or so steps in them, and wear them back into bed.

Never fails, thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

Moonchilde wrote:

Just a comment, that several prescription medications (for diabetes, for example) rob the body of B vitamins, especially B-12, and that B vitamins have more to do with the musculoskeletal system than many realize. It's so simple to buy a bottle of the dissolve-in-your-mouth B-12 tablets, they're cheap and available everywhere.

I'm not diabetic, but I get some B-12 (sublingual) that I like, from Amazon.   They are inexpensive.  It's the Kirkland (Costco) brand.