Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone experienced or know about feet constantly cramping?

Potassium AND Magnesium (both at the same time) are what help me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Some very good advice with the electrolytes. I worked in sleep medicine and some of our patients who complained about leg cramping at night showed in their sleep study a condition called "restless leg syndrome" Some patioents described the feeling to me as a "creepy crawly feeling in their legs with cramps" and they constantly had to move their legs while laying down. There are a variety of meds that treat this but the only way to know is through a sleep study. I would probably try the other methods mentioned first. Also check for Vitamin B12 deficiency, Potassium, Magnesium levels as that can also cause leg and feet issues. I hope you feel better soon. Can get a simple blood test for those ones I mentioned and other deficiencies. All good advice I have read here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes statin drugs will cause cramping. CoQ10 or ubiquinol sups may help with this issue.

Are you taking statins @isaboo?

Esteemed Contributor

If you drink enough fluids during the day the leg/feet cramps will go away!!! .... it always works for me.

Honored Contributor

You need a supplement, you are about a quart low on something.

Get a blood test, there may be more going on than cramps

@isaboo wrote:

For about the past 6 months my feet have been constantly been cramping. Usually when I am relaxing or in bed.  I usually have to get up and stand on my feet to keep from getting a charlie horse.  I've been wearing my shoes with memory foam alot around the house and thought perhaps that has had something to do with it - although that doesn't really make sense but it's the only thing that I have been doing different.  Has anyone experienced this or know something about it?

Honored Contributor

@isaboo

Cramps/spasms can be a referred pain, which I am sure you understand. Because pain surfaces from a particular part of you body, does not mean that area is the source of the problem. Without finding a source, not many medical issues can be eliminated.

If you have not seen your doctor, that is where I would start.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Some excellent advice here. For me, the issues were solved by calcium and magnesium, B-12 tablets, Acetyl L-Carnitine and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid. I'm sure dehydration had something to do with it as well. Not sure which one of those things has had the most effect, but when I stop taking any of them for 2-3 days the cramps and restless legs come back. My diabetic neuropathy has also *disappeared.*

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I agree with all the supplements recommended. Would definitely go that route. And many people don't get enough magnesium. The amount that was once recommended really should be upped. I take at least a 1000 mg a day of chelated magnesium, most of it before I go to bed.

Another one to consider is Lessman's Circulation & Vein Support. That's a really good product plus has excellent reviews.

Sure hope you find something that helps you.
Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with cramps, but I sure was having a problem with anxiety in my legs and sometimes arms, especially at night.

I started taking 1,500mg of Magnesium Citrate, as well as a SL that is Folic Acid, B6, and B12, in the evening, and it's about 98% gone.   That was extremely aggravating.

I would mostly get the 'jimmy legs' in my right leg and right arm at night.   It would literally keep me up all night - or at least the vast majority of the night.

I also try to keep properly hydrated.  I am not able to drink a ton of water throughout the day but I usually make it through 2 bottles, plus my decaf tea in the winter, and a protein drink and another vitamin-enriched drink that my husband gets me at Costco (it's this pomegranate-cranberry thing - tastes great too - small bottle, so easy to fit in).

Honored Contributor

Something to bring up at your next doctors visit perhaps??

"Pure Michigan"