Honored Contributor

Has anyone been to a "salt spa"?

I just read about one opening in my area.

Apparently, you go into a room which is lined with actual salt.  You sit and breathe in salt-infused air that is supposed to aid and soothe lung issues, coughing, and the like.  You sit there about 45 minutes.  It's not meant as a a cure, just a help.

There is no undressing, just booties over your shoes.

It sounds intriguing.  Has anyone done this?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone been to a "salt spa"?

Yes, I have gone several times with friends to one in Williamsburg VA.   It was a "girls' afternoon"----lunch and the spa.  We all thoroughly enjoyed it-----relaxing, meditative--highly recommend trying it.  I definitely will be going back---would go more often if it were closer (about an hour drive from me). 

KK

Respected Contributor

We've had one here for about two years. Every time I drive by I think about going. I never do. My husband asked why I just don't ride down to the beach and breathe the air. Lol. Good point😜

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

We've had one here for about two years. Every time I drive by I think about going. I never do. My husband asked why I just don't ride down to the beach and breathe the air. Lol. Good point😜

I thought of that, too, but I'm a couple of hours from the ocean.  I also thought of boiling some salted water and enjoying the steam from that.  Although that doesn't last very long (unless you have a mechanical steamer).  Although my pores used to like that.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@GingerPeach

After watersking and swimming we would hit the natural hot springs in Tor C New Mexico (Truth or Consequences) loved the hot water springs there.I have been to a few natural hot water springs and they have seemed very therapeutic. Hope you find a natural salt water hot water spring in your area! They usually have a shower with a pull chain so you can cool off, the water from the earth can be to hot for some people.

I would go to one that has been established? Then again maybe newer is better?

I found it helped my sore muscles and sunburn and open up my sinuses.

Take care of yourself so you can take care of others ~ sunshine&rainbows

@GingerPeach wrote:

Apparently, you go into a room which is lined with actual salt.  You sit and breathe in salt-infused air that is supposed to aid and soothe lung issues, coughing, and the like.  You sit there about 45 minutes.  It's not meant as a a cure, just a help.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

@GingerPeach

It bubbles up naturally from the earth.

The natural water from earth is quite warm, some places has a shower pull chain in the middle, if you get to hot.

I would be hesitant of anything that was not natural from the earth. These have been around for years, nothing new.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone been to a "salt spa"?a

WOW!!  That sounds great  just like a huge salt inhaler!  I use a salt inhaler for my asthma daily and it really helps. 

Respected Contributor

I haven't been to a salt spa, but I love taking Epsom Salt baths.  They are very beneficial to the health. 

So relaxing too.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds wonderful and new. I would go in a heartbeat.

I love to take saltbaths with Dead Sea Salts.

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach  I'm close to the beach but still don't go as often as I'd like, especially during the winter. 

If you try the spa, let us know what you think.