Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey I don't know anything about your health problem but I can tell by your conversation that you are worried,distressed and upset.I really hope that you can find answers tohelp ease your suffering.It must be awful to face stomach problems all of the time.i want to say that I believe manuka honey to be a great healer and it is Also healthy.if you are interested in trying it ask your doctor if he thinks that would help you.I get mine at Trader Joe's.I hope you find some relief and can return to good health.

Respected Contributor

Re: Gastroparesis?????

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey  Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm at my wits end with my stomach too. I have not been diagnosed with this, but it seems like that could be a possibility. Does it show up on a regular endoscopy or do they have to particularly look for gastric emptying?  I would assume that's part of an upper GI?

Anyway, enough about me. I hope they can give you meds or enzymes, etc., to help. It really is debilitating to have chronic stomach issues. I wish you well on your other tests too. I have found lots of information about other health topics on forums online. It's amazing how informative some people can be (I always then research what I've read to validate) and you also find out what procedures and treatments are done, and where, and how well they have worked for others. I can easily say I've learned so much more that way than from any doctor, so never feel bad about asking for others experiences. Doctors today just don't have time to be that informative nor do they always even know the latest drugs and procedures. Sad to say, but true, and I've had some great docs. 

Best to you as you tackle it!!

Valued Contributor

I do not have it but I know it is common with the disease scleroderma .

cathy from ma

Super Contributor
Hi. I do. Go on Inspire.com. There is a whole category of motility issues. Several threads on gastroparesis and lots of support from others with this same problem. Nothing seems to work for everyone. Need to go to a G.I. doctor who will perform needed tests and recommend some meds. Diet also important. Good luck!
Honored Contributor

If you routinely take any form of codeine it is very constipating; it might affect the stomach as well.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

HF thank you for your post.  I will know more Friday..........I hope I don't have to have surgery and I can't stop taking my pain pills and my sleeping pill.  Crazy about this disease.  With burning mouth sydrome I am careful what I eat anyway so I have few things I can eat.  I was hoping for inflamation of the stomach that I had in 2001 using protonix was great but this, well, I pray we are healed here on earth.  It is nice to talk to somone that has what we are fighting although I wish this for no one. Thank you again for your input.  I know I will have to figure out my own plan.  I feel like someone is kicking me in the stomach with a fist or foot and like I have drank a glass of grease.  So unpleasant and I am on meds for nausaia.  Blessings to you,

@DowntonAbbey

I am sorry to read you are facing another medical challenge.  I cannot add anything to the discussion on this condition.

You have posted many times about Burning Mouth Syndrome.  I came down with it last spring.  I'd been on antibiotics (for a number of things) for months on end.  Both my doctor and endodontist believe the antibiotics more than likely caused the BMS.  I remember you posted you had no relief for years on end.  While it is not curable per se, it is treatable. Since I've gotten B12 shots and watched my diet, my symptoms have lessened and severe outbreaks have become fewer. 

If you are still suffering, there is hope for you.

Trusted Contributor

I am so so sorry you have been attacked by BMS.  I have it daily severely and I take klonopin and pain pills or I would die in agnoy of the burn, like a torch of fire put in your mouth.  It is horrible and no cure but I know the Savior can cure you and me...........my diet is so limited it is crazy and I again am on fire every day and have been since Ma 11, 2013.............stress will cause the burn to be harder but it still comes every day.  thank you for your input. I am here if you need me. 

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

If you will please, is anyone suffering from this?  Do you know anyone with this disorder? What medication do you take? Can you take medicine?  Did they know what could have caused yours? Thank you.

@DowntonAbbey

I have been diagnosed with gastroparesis.  My gastro doc prescribed Linzess.  I had side effects from it.  What I do is follow the diet recommended for the condition (very limited) and use Miralax once or twice a week to keep my digestion as fluid as possible both in my stomach and intestines.  You want to try never to get constipated as the bloating is very uncomfortable.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

@DowntonAbbey

Sending lots of prayer to you!

I understand about gastrointestinal issues.  I suffer from what I believe is IBS (never got formally tested.  Went to doctor and he ran blood work to check for Crohns disease, which my dad had).  I have nausea in the AM sometimes.  It depends on what I eat the night before.  I can't eat a lot of veggies unfortunately.  I started drinking bone broth to try and heal the gut.  I also take 1 Tbsp. of Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.  I drink the vinegar once a day in an 8 oz. glass of water.  Both the bone broth and vinegar have healing properties.  I've done a lot of reading and research on natural ways to heal the gut.  It's very frustrating, so I understand your ordeal Smiley Sad

Praying you find healing!

P.S.  Don't worry about posting in the wrong forum.  I've done it already.  It frustates me when a poster thinks that they are the General Moderator for where to post something.  **rolls eyes**.  There are more things in this world to be concerned about; and posting something in the "wrong" forum isn't one of them!!  Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

I am so so sorry about your stomach issues and thank you for posting.  I had a CT scan on my stomach to rule out cancer and they found I have pnumonia ugh and I am taking two antibiotics?  I hope to be well soon.  I had no idea I had pnumonia.  Funny, I know how you feel about posters being the police on this board and the jury of a court of what type of person I am.  lol