Honored Contributor

I bought the Fitbit Alta but am returning because I cannot close the clasp. It's a real pain. I only wanted to wear it during the day not when I shower or sleep but I'm not dealing with the clasp on a daily basis. Why don't they make these with a regular clasp that you can actually use?

Question is does anyone have the clip on Fitbit & does it work well. I have read complaints about them not keeping track of the correct amount of steps walked. Plus having to use something else to secure the clasp.

Any other brand that has an easy clasp on it? I'm only interested in tracking my steps. Not interested in heart rate or anything else these things do.

Esteemed Contributor

I also returned my Alta because I could not get the clasp to close. I had a clip on Fitbit but i kept loosing them or throwing the in the wash. Then I had another watch like one and the band broke after about six months. I finally just said the heck with it all and now I have nothing. Don't miss it. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't want a Fitbit, so I downloaded "Map My Walk" on my iPhone.  It works great for tracking how far I walked.  It doesn't give me the number of steps (which is irrelevant to me). 

Map My Walk gives me how many miles I've walked on a map, calories burned, time I walked, etc.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit or Other Brands

[ Edited ]

I love my Fitbit Alta!  Don't return it if it's just because of the band. I haven't had any trouble at all with my original bands, but there are other bands available.  I have ordered several from the A store.  They offer bands that have buckles (like regular watch bands) or a little $4 silicone piece that slides over the band you already have to make sure it doesn't fall off.  I didn't order that piece, but I have ordered some silicone bands in different colors (one in a cute dog paw print) and a stainless steel band that looks more like a bracelet watch.  I ordered the blush pink leather band from fitbit too.  I like having choices and the bands are so easy to change out.

I love the upgrades from the original Fitbit flex to the Alta.  I love not having to put it to sleep and wake it up.  The sleep statistics are really nice too.  I'm amazed at how much sleep I don't get!  Smiley Happy

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Nightowlz I'm so sorry you are having difficulty with the Fitbit. If you purchased it from QVC please send your Q Account number and order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will do our best to help. 

Trusted Contributor

We bought my son the Garmin with the heart  rate feature and it works very nicely for him.  He has had it for months.  Attractive, also.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love my Garmin Vivofit 2. Garmin Customer Service helped me set it up and I've been using it daily for 3months now. No problems and love the band color choices ❤️

Garmin Vivofit 2 tracks sleep as well as steps and is waterproof. I use it mainly to track steps and I love that it runs on battery power and is waterproof. I got it from here at the Q. 

Regular Contributor

I also had issues with my band, and my daughter bought replacement bands with buckles on Amazon.  They are inexpensive, and now I have a wardrobe of bands to match almost anything.  You just might not have to return it.

Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @Nightowlz I'm so sorry you are having difficulty with the Fitbit. If you purchased it from QVC please send your Q Account number and order number to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and we will do our best to help. 

Thx for your reply. I bought it off another channel when it was their Special. I don't think anyone could help much since I cannot clasp it. I would buy one of the leather bands for it if it had a decent clasp on it. I guess I need to send my complaint to Fitbit so they can redesign their bands. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Abby Grace wrote:

I also had issues with my band, and my daughter bought replacement bands with buckles on Amazon.  They are inexpensive, and now I have a wardrobe of bands to match almost anything.  You just might not have to return it.

@Abby Grace

Thx. I never thought of that. Do the bands on Amazon specify which Fitbit they fit on? I will go see what I can find out.