Super Contributor

Fitbit Recalls Fitbit Force After Complaints Of Severe Rashes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/21/fitbit-force-recall_n_4832771.html

Fitbit has recalled its popular activity-tracking wristband, the Fitbit Force, after a number of customers complained of serious skin rashes, blisters and peeling skin after wearing the device.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fitbit Recalls Fitbit Force After Complaints Of Severe Rashes

Glad I got my zip. Doesn't touch my skin.
Super Contributor

I've had the flex for some time and I love it. I had read some people were having issues with the force. Hopefully this issue gets resolved, its a great product.

Super Contributor

the photographs of the arms looked like angry burns. more than rashes. good they are doing a positive thing for this.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Force, it has not been recalled. Fitbit is offering refunds to those affected, as they should. Glad I'm not one of them, I love my Force.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 ballinmom said:

I have the Force, it has not been recalled. Fitbit is offering refunds to those affected, as they should. Glad I'm not one of them, I love my Force.

Do you find the force "bulky" to wear. I wanted the force as opposed to the flex due to the added features on the band...but held back as it is bigger. How have you found wearing it? T

Super Contributor

The FitBit Force is the one that has been recalled as of 4:30 today 2/21/2014

Trusted Contributor

On 2/21/2014 Wadzlla said:

The FitBit Force is the one that has been recalled as of 4:30 today 2/21/2014

I stand corrected. It is a voluntary recall, meaning it poses no immediate hazard to those unaffected.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

On 2/21/2014 SurvivedOne said:

Do you find the force "bulky" to wear. I wanted the force as opposed to the flex due to the added features on the band...but held back as it is bigger. How have you found wearing it? T

If you're used to wearing a watch or bracelet that you never take off, no problem. I don't find it bulky, but it's not as streamlined as the flex. I like the full display and the ability to log stairs. The Fitbit One has the same feature, but it attached with a clip, many women like to attach it to their bra. I like the Force because it replaces my watch. Good luck!

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 SurvivedOne said:

If you're used to wearing a watch or bracelet that you never take off, no problem. I don't find it bulky, but it's not as streamlined as the flex. I like the full display and the ability to log stairs. The Fitbit One has the same feature, but it attached with a clip, many women like to attach it to their bra. I like the Force because it replaces my watch. Good luck!

Thanks so much. I appreciate your comments and it certainly trumps the benefits of the flex. And the Force replacing a watch...great point.