Respected Contributor

FINALLY.....SENSA and their claims are being called out......(heard on the news)

I wondered why SHOPHQ wasn't all over SENSA last week with the New Year New You push to lose weight blah blah blah........as someone who has "tried it all" and finally found something that did work for me (Jenny) to not only lose, but to keep it off, eat well, and exercise, I admit that I did try SENSA a couple of different times..........I noticed absolutely nothing and stopped the auto-delivery. I know I used a program to lose my weight, but it was the structure I needed to eat right.....there's no magic out there.

Valued Contributor

Re: FINALLY.....SENSA and their claims are being called out......(heard on the news)

I'm always surprised that so many people still fall for this type of stuff. There isn't any magic pill or anything out there other than eating healthy and moving.

I've even seen women that say how healthy they are or want to be, yet they will take or eat anything that says "sugar-free", "fat-free", "gives you energy", "takes away appetite", etc. That's not being healthy.

Honored Contributor

Re: FINALLY.....SENSA and their claims are being called out......(heard on the news)

No powder that you can sprinkle on pizza and cheeseburgers and fries is gong to help you lose weight.

Honored Contributor

When are people going to understand there is not quick fix. It did not take overnight to cause a weight problem so it makes sense it will take time to fix it.

Less calories in and more body exertion to get the calories out. Work and willpower are two of the key elements to success. Just no getting around it.

I do enjoy eating but to eat what I love from time to time most days are very strict diet and every day has exercise!! Little things like parking my car away from a store instead of close up and taking the stairs in a building instead of the elevator. It all adds up in the end just like grabbing an M&M or other sweets out of a bowl adds up too.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I posted on another thread that there has been a class action involving Sensa for about a year now. However, it didn't include those who purchased the product from ShopHQ.

Honored Contributor

Someone I worked with tried Sensa. I never said anything to her, but I too am surprised people buy this type of products.
Honored Contributor

I always thought it was hilarious that anyone believed you could sprinkle that stuff on pizza and you'd lose weight.

Honored Contributor

It was never my understanding that the stuff you sprinkled was going to make you lose weight. It was supposed to control the appetite. It sort of acted like an appetite suppressant.

I personally always wondered why they never said what was IN the sprinkles, only what wasn't in them.

Sensa still has a website and has now come out with an "Advanced" version and Ally Landry is the spokesperson. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2014 LipstickDiva said:

It was never my understanding that the stuff you sprinkled was going to make you lose weight. It was supposed to control the appetite. It sort of acted like an appetite suppressant.

I personally always wondered why they never said what was IN the sprinkles, only what wasn't in them.

Sensa still has a website and has now come out with an "Advanced" version and Ally Landry is the spokesperson. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I saw that on their website and they still do not say what the new ingredient is in the Advanced version. Doesn't seemed like they learned anything from the lawsuit and FDA crackdown.

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I think it was the idea that if you were trying to lose weight that pizza wasn't your best choice.

Yeah, just sprinkle this "appetite suppressant" on ice cream and pizza and macaroni & cheese....

LOL