Honored Contributor

Re: Experts Say That Six Feet Is Not Far Enough To Stop COVID-19 From Spreading

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 

I understand about the learning about the virus itself, but this "droplet" stuff should not be anything new. If SARS needed X number of feet I don't follow where how far/long droplet distances are any different for any of them. Why would that have changed?

Now me? Like I said a couple times here, I have only been out twice, and that was to get my monthly B-12 shot. The only humans I've been closer than 6' to outside of my wife, are the nurses that checked us in at the hospital and the 1 that gave us our shots.

So me wearing a mask or distances right now is irrelevant for me personally. I just have a problem with these ever changing distance and mask/no mask changing as often as my socks.

My opinion is that individuals are smart enough to make their own decisions, but denigrating or putting down those that disagree with what they believe? Nah!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Available at Walgreens. 4@$19.99E2009561-96B1-4EF8-B984-B81C4036F662.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

ibb38, Chris Cuomo was in the same living area, yes the basement, but still, sharing many things. Read Jeanbhv's response to latest COVID19 update.

@ahoymate when Chris's wife (she's a self admitted germaphobe!) ws tested postive, I started to incorporate 6 ft plus distance! It was surmised that the  droplets (although distance was adhered to) remained in the air longer and were circulated in the home. Their son tested positive too. 

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee -

Good information!

I paid twice that on AmazonSmiley Sad🤨

It seems that Walgreens has a lot of good things from what I've read here.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Ibby114 

I understand about the learning about the virus itself, but this "droplet" stuff should not be anything new. If SARS needed X number of feet I don't follow where how far/long droplet distances are any different for any of them. Why would that have changed?

Now me? Like I said a couple times here, I have only been out twice, and that was to get my monthly B-12 shot. The only humans I've been closer than 6' to outside of my wife, are the nurses that checked us in at the hospital and the 1 that gave us our shots.

So me wearing a mask or distances right now is irrelevant for me personally. I just have a problem with these ever changing distance and mask/no mask changing as often as my socks.

My opinion is that individuals are smart enough to make their own decisions, but denigrated or putting down those that disagree with what they believe? Nah!

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut Why would it have changed? Because this virus has acted like none other- there's no 'like' history. 'Similar' history, yes- but as the learning curve evolves updated guidelines come into play.

I'm glad to read you're taking care of yourself & your family! We've talked about health challenges in the past. 

Honored Contributor

At this time exactly 14 days ago I was having my hair done.  Even had my waist length long hair blow dried, which does take awhile.  I guess I did well dodging all those bullet/droplets possibly floating around.  No face shield but it was the one and only time I have worn a mask.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Occasional Contributor

If wearing a shield is more comfortable and safe, then I say those who don't wear a covering are the stupid ones

Honored Contributor

@Granny T wrote:

If wearing a shield is more comfortable and safe, then I say those who don't wear a covering are the stupid ones

@Granny T 

Then I say! Never mind, just go ahead and call me stupid if it makes you feel better. I have been called much worse and managed to make it.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Ibby114 

My opinion is that individuals are smart enough to make their own decisions, but denigrated or putting down those that disagree with what they believe? Nah!

hckynut 🏒

@hckynut Why would it have changed? Because this virus has acted like none other- there's no 'like' history. 'Similar' history, yes- but as the learning curve evolves updated guidelines come into play.

I'm glad to read you're taking care of yourself & your family! We've talked about health challenges in the past. 

But it seems like the virus speads on droplets like most other viruses. So the question isn't about the virus itself, it's about distance which seems like something we should know about. 

Six feet was always based on talking according to Fauci and things like choirs need more distance. I was actually thinking that gyms doing the 6 foot rule need to rethink that too but I haven't seen that addressed. At least for running and stuff like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

The Archbishop of my Catholic diocese is opening our churches in early June, in a very careful way.  The public may attend a mass on week days only, limited to 50 people per church.  Social distancing and masks are required.  There will

be no literature in church pews, and communion will be in host form only.  He has also encouraged the elderly, and anyone with underlying health concerns, to stay home.

With all the virus victims in our state, I anticipate people to agree to this thoughtful start of attending services again.  Of course, we have always had access to televised masses, and I personally can find God anywhere I am.

I completely agree, @PamfromCT .  While many get pleasure and fulfillment by attending a church service, putting yourself at risk isn't wise.  God isn't looking at who is sitting in the pew, but rather He is looking at what is in your heart.  People sometimes get that mixed up. .........  doing "good" works, not believing and trusting.  BIG difference.  Stay safe.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!