Respected Contributor
If you use essential oils, please share what oils you use and how you use them. I'm intrigued and I'd like to start incorporating them into my routine. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

I take hot baths so sometimes I'll put them in to soften my skin.  I also use them to rub into my nails after my bath and, occasionally, I'll do a hair treatment with them.  

Honored Contributor

My hair is thinning & I have had scalp issues lately so I started using some. I add rosemary & tea tree oil to Emu oil & apply to my scalp. My scalp feels so much better. I had dry places on my scalp & nothing I used helped until the Emu oil. I use Lavender oil on burns. I use Tea Tree oil on cuts, scrapes etc. I'm going to do more research on EO's. I want to buy a diffuser or nebulizer. I would like to use it in the winter with oils for colds or flu. I would also like to use it through out the year with eo's for different things.

Honored Contributor

There is much to learn on incorporating these oils into your lifestyle. Many good books to read. You must be careful as they are very strong and may cause burns and irritation on the skin. Read up and get knowledgeable before you use them.

Contributor

First thing first, not all essential oils are created equal. Most companies use synthetics in the oils or other additives. An bottle only has to have 5% oil in it to be labeled pure. I would suggest reading up in them to start. I use Young living oils. They have a seed to seal guarantee. They grow, distill and bottle their oils. The only company to do so. I also belong to a Facebook group with lots of good info on what oils can do for you.

i use them for imunity on everyone in my house. On my husband to stop snoring, to help my kids focus better in school, on burns and cuts. I use them every day and love them. We no longer take over the counter meds because there is no need since we have our oils.

Respected Contributor

Can SCREAM?

Has anyone successfully used essential oils for knee pain?

If so, which ones?

I've tried about 12 different ones.  My knee surgery isn't until APRIL!!

TIA!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Can SCREAM?

Has anyone successfully used essential oils for knee pain?

If so, which ones?

I've tried about 12 different ones.  My knee surgery isn't until APRIL!!

TIA!

I've been using Ameo Muscle Mend. Wintergreen oil blended with a few others. A few drops massaged into the knee and I follow that with Ben Gay Extra strength. A really good warming effect but very medicinal so I use it at night.

I also use Biotone Muscle & Joint Relief Cream during the day. No scent, contains Arnica and Devils Claw for knee pain relief. Affordable, like $6 bucks for 2 oz.

In the meantime, soak in an Epsom salts bath. 1 cup in your bath water. I've also put the salts on a damp washcloth and massaged my knee directly with the salts. Make sure you drink plenty of water either during or just after your bath. 

Direct heat like a heating pad on an old injury can increase blood flow to the area.

I injured my meniscus and it's been very slow to heal but I'm having success and yes my doctor agrees with self treatment for now. As long as I'm not worse or get another injury I can postpone Synvisc (1,000 bucks) or meniscus surgery.

Honored Contributor

Re: Essential Oils

[ Edited ]

Magnesium Gel may help you.  I get it from BioNutrients online for my husband.  Sometimes I add a little oregano oil, just for *heat*.  It helps him.  Soaking in a tub w/epsom salts helps too.

*oops!  this was meant for "can I scream" poster....

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
If you use essential oils, please share what oils you use and how you use them. I'm intrigued and I'd like to start incorporating them into my routine. Thanks!

@Rachb as well as others on the subject. I would be interested in learning about essential oils also. Does anyone have any recommendations on books and on line resourses they would care to share? Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Great info Pandora. Thank you.