Respected Contributor

Re: EVER TAKE CARB BLOCKERS?

@TexasLadybug  wrote:

Goodie2shes said:

I've never heard of carb blockers but as a type 2 diabetic,  changing my diet by reducing my carb intake and losing weight has been the answer for me. I no longer take diabetes medication or BP meds. I'm down 2 dress sizes and feel so much better !

Goodie2shoes - that is so encouraging as that is exactly what I am doing now to bring down my sugar etc!  

Thanks but it took having a repeat right knee replacement due to a post op staff infection then developing a issue with my kidneys due to the high dose antibiotics.  I went through a week in the Hospital and on a walker for a month before they could do the second replacement. That was a wake up call ! I made big changes in my diet, more veggies, salads, turkey,fish, whole grain bread etc. My last A1C was 5.8.  Wishing you all the best in your journey ! 

Contributor

Thank you!  After I started changing my foods & went low carb (nothing extreme) I noticed after a little while how much better I felt physically and didn't have the cravings I had late afternoon.  I'm glad I changed and will continue to change my foods and really have some variety.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Anyone have any experience with carb blockers? 

Some are predominantly white kidney bean extract, but others have a combination of ingredients.

Yes, I have done some research online, but want input from people here.

I recall reading that they can block "some" of the starch carbs, but wanted to know if anyone here has actual experience with this type of product

TIA!

Last time I took them was in the 80's or 90's.  They were very populat then.