Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diabetes question, only diabetics respond please~

On 5/17/2014 Cat Lover Dogs too said:

emmiesmom,

I absolutely love cottage cheese, in fact that was my favorite lunch with fruit and veggies. Unfortunately for me, it spikes my blood sugar, and according to Bernstein, it is a no no because of the lactose, which is sugar. I have had to give up so many things that I love that I never would have considered a problem. When I was in the hospital, the dietician stressed that I could eat anything and what I had been eating was great. If only that were true. I hope you have a GREAT A1C reading!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The Lantus is not supposed to peak at all, but there is some research indicating that it actually does have a peak at around the 6 hour time frame. If you can, try taking a blood sugar reading then.

I usually wake up at 4..I will try that monday morning. Then I'll see my doctor around 11, but honestly, I'm sure between Dr. Bernstein and you, we'll figure it out~ It was 140 this morning.Darn!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

Hi Emmiesmom

I think you should consider starting a general diabetes thread because if you look at the number of views on your two threads there seems to be a great interest. Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/20/2014 lovescats said:

Hi Emmiesmom

I think you should consider starting a general diabetes thread because if you look at the number of views on your two threads there seems to be a great interest. Thanks

Wow, there are a lot of views! I don't know Cat, there are others that know alot more then I do. I wanted to do this before, but I didn't get many responses. I really like it because I've learned so much. If you have any ideas about a thread, please lmk~ You are so knowledgeable! I know I would be reading it every day..!

-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

On 5/20/2014 emmiesmom said:

Hi Emmiesmom

Wow, there are a lot of views! I don't know Cat, there are others that know alot more then I do. I wanted to do this before, but I didn't get many responses. I really like it because I've learned so much. If you have any ideas about a thread, please lmk~ You are so knowledgeable! I know I would be reading it every day..!

I can't say that I know that much about it yet. I just find sites by googling. Another site is

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/

I think it would nice to hear from people who have lived with it for a couple years and things that they have found helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/20/2014 emmiesmom said:

Hi Emmiesmom

I can't say that I know that much about it yet. I just find sites by googling. Another site is

http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/

I think it would nice to hear from people who have lived with it for a couple years and things that they have found helpful.

Cat, I totally agree! I have learned so much from these women, its been so helpful! I google all the time too..looks like we're both into research, lol. Knowledge is power! Thanks for the site!

-- Mae West