Valued Contributor
On 12/21/2014 Spunkyspouts said:

Well I can't offer you any magic solutions, just a cyber hug. It's good you see a professional but they just don't have the answers at the end of the day. Just say your prayers and tell God how you feel. As far as being ready for the holidays, this happens to all of us, just do the best you can. They are coming to see you, not the sheets. Maybe you can leave the sheets and towels out and somebody will help you, lol. Imagine that, the expectations of everybody is enough to depress all of us at times.

so true
Contributor

Hi

I was just re-reading the posts and also the latest ones. Deeply appreciate all of you, anda again, so sorry to hear so many of you are and or have struggled with this also. However, it does go to show that our own personal experiences really do help other's.

CalmInTheHeart, I 100% understand where you wrote about the feeling of an anxiety attack looming just underneath the surface. It actually made me shiver w/knowing that feeling. I woke with it this morning. Not in a panic attack, but just that weird sensation like it's ready to take over. I call it a Jack-In-The-Box scare. Woosh, it's there. But, so far it's not happened. It's almost like I have to have a disruption of something around me major to have it disappear for that moment. It may stay at bay for quite awhile. Just NEVER know when it's going to be there. The difficult part is trying to clear it from my mind. Just have to keep on going. I've had them for years on and off, and at one time would have 3 or more a day. It would take awhile for my mind to go to where when I'd not have one to just relax in that. Otherwise I'd be on guard too much and it was just nasty. I think you know what I mean. I'm sure your horrid experience with the meds triggered them again. That is one of the reasons I'm so uncomfortable with taking a new one. Have had so many reactions that my mind/body seems to remember them and then I have an issue with taking anything. Along w/depression, PTSD, anxiety etc., I've come to realize that my HUGE issue with Fear of meds and bad reactions to them has kept me frozen. I can share that now with any physician I may have to see and of course my therapist. It took me a long time because the "oh just take it" and then Boom a reaction made me lose trust in them and I'd again try to fight it on my own. My therapist has really been supportive in trying to work with me with this issue. She even said that if I needed to I could stay a weekend at the urgent care facility she works at. She said that they could keep an eye on any reactions because she know my history. I basically have a reaction within a short period of time if I'm going to have any at all. Have ended up in ER with several. I know I should take her up on that. Inside of myself I'm already fighting that, but I know it's what I should do because of this fear of meds that apparently goes beyond the norm.

My very best to you. Will keep you ALL in prayer also and thank you ever so much for yours. This thread has helped comfort me so much. It's really keeping me hanging in there. I really mean that.

"Be Blessed" ....Midnight

Valued Contributor
Midnight Shadow-Thank you SO much for posting back. Really, others CAN help, just by sharing our experiences, we really CAN help each other. The feeling of being alone in dealing with depression/anxiety-all of it really- is such a stumbling block to getting better (at least for me) that reading this thread and others is very comforting. My very best to you!
Honored Contributor

I've been where you were/are and in my opinion it is the worst of the worst thing that can happen to anyone.

While I have a lot to offer and a long story I could tell, I think most the others have said pretty much what I would say to you.

Wish you the best and keep seeing your doctor and taking the meds she/he prescribes. I needed hospitalization for over a week to set me on my "recovery". While I will always consider myself as "recovering", I am not longer in that endless "Black Hole" of life.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Please work with your doctor. If what you're doing now isn't helping, tell your doctor. And keep telling him/her until you find what works.

Avoid gimmicks...as they say, a sucker born every minute. Gimmicks won't help depression.

Super Contributor

Hi. Glad to know there's people out there that you can "chat" with when you're feeling alone and down in the dumps (like me). Thank you to OP for starting this thread. I hope you're feeling well today, Midnight Shadow.

Contributor

Doing alright. Hope all of you are also.

Won't be back on the board for awhile until after the weekend.

Hope you all have a Beautiful and Blessed week.

Midnight Shadow

Valued Contributor
On 12/23/2014 Midnight Shadow said:

Doing alright. Hope all of you are also.

Won't be back on the board for awhile until after the weekend.

Hope you all have a Beautiful and Blessed week.

Midnight Shadow

Midnight-My best to you over the holidays and to everyone here.

Honored Contributor
Thinking of you all and hoping that we're all hanging in together. I personally LOATHE New Year's Eve, so I know I'll be a little brighter tomorrow. Wanted to ask, has anyone read any of the newer self help books for depression? If so, which ones do you find most helpful?