Super Contributor
On 2/5/2015 dobiesrule said: My adult son, who does not get headaches, got one and after 5 days of it, went to the dr and was diagnosed with something to do with TMJ. He was given a muscle relaxer and told it would take several days for the headaches to go away. Surprising diagnosis to me, but we'll see what happens.

To dobiesrule: Funny you should say that. Two days last week, I woke up with a serious jaw ache. I thought I was having a heart attack Smiley Sad I'll definitely mention it to the doctor.

Honored Contributor

Here's another thing that can cause headaches (other than TMJ) which my daughter and sister both get, if you have caps they can shift and become tight against other teeth.

I've been in Florida for a few days of rest and relaxation. I noticed my neck and side of my face was hurting. Then I started paying attention and realized I was clinching my left side of my mouth. I begain to keep my teeth apart and eventually the pain went away and a little dental floss helped separate the teeth too.

Super Contributor

Tomorrow is my brain MRI to get to the bottom of my daily headaches. I've never had an MRI so I'm a little anxious.

Honored Contributor

Seaswirl, I remember reading about your rehab/contractor issues after the hurricane.

Could you have mold in the house that's causing this reaction?

Super Contributor
On 2/23/2015 lolakimono said:

Seaswirl, I remember reading about your rehab/contractor issues after the hurricane.

Could you have mold in the house that's causing this reaction?

lola: Yes, that is certainly a consideration (a sick house). Going to see the MRI results and then go from there.

Regular Contributor
My husband has been diagnosed with Benign Cough Headache. He was seen by 2 neurologists and had an MRI. They don't know what causes it and aside from the pain it does not appear to impact health. In most it cases it resolves on its own. My husband had this for years and the only treatment was a med called indomethecin (sp.) . Google Benign Cough Headache. It is pretty rare and many Neurologists are not familiar with it. He is now not on medication and is doing well. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Esteemed Contributor

seaswirl,

How did your MRI and appointment go? Do you have a diagnosis or is your physician still testing, etc. Let us know how you're doing.

Super Contributor

The MRI went well. I will call the doctor today or tomorrow. They gave me a card to view my report online, so when I get to work, I'll check it out. Stay tuned.

Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2015 seaswirl said:
On 2/5/2015 dobiesrule said: My adult son, who does not get headaches, got one and after 5 days of it, went to the dr and was diagnosed with something to do with TMJ. He was given a muscle relaxer and told it would take several days for the headaches to go away. Surprising diagnosis to me, but we'll see what happens.

To dobiesrule: Funny you should say that. Two days last week, I woke up with a serious jaw ache. I thought I was having a heart attack Smiley Sad I'll definitely mention it to the doctor.

The over the counter bite splints you can buy at the drug store work well to take the pressure off the joint. You just need to wear it for as many hours as you can to get relief.

Super Contributor

For those of you who asked for an update . . . the results of my MRI were normal. The doctor put me on Gabapentin (not sure if I spelled that right). It will take several weeks for me to see any difference.