Respected Contributor

My colesterol levels have always been great.  Around a little over 200 with the good cholesterol being higher than normal.  Then I retired and discovered  all that bad for you take out and indulged a bit too much until my levels soared to about 250 or so.  My physician told me that he would not prescribe any medidine for me since he knew that I can correct it with diet.  Well, that was about 9 years ago and nothing helped. 

So about 2 years ago I ordered Lelssman's cholesta care, and over the last year cut out most of the junk food. 

Just had my annual physical and my total cholesterol level is down to 205.  I don't think I would have been able to do it without the ColestaCare.  This stuff rocks.  I wanted to write a review, but HSN did not allow me to because I had not purchased this product within the last 365 days.  Weird!

I still have some left and hope they will be the special value next month so I can stock up again together with the Fibermusil.

This product certainly helped a great deal and I am just glad I don't have to take any of these statins.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Clem,

when do you take yours?  I have a bottle that I started using, and then I wasn't consistent.  Do you take it with food and how many do you take a day?

Respected Contributor

@LisaG428

I always take it after breakfast and after dinner together with all other supplements that I take.  I also take an extra one if I eat something extra rich like a steak or pork chop but always together with the Fibermusil.  I hears Lessman talk about this that the Fibermusil helps the cholestacare being absorbed and to prevent cholesterol to get absorbed.  I am always very consistent when taking medicine or other supplements.

Valued Contributor

I have had a lot of success with Andrew Lessman vitamins and herb supplements. If you you have a health issue that needs some improvement, even if you take prescriptions, his products are worth looking into. 

Honored Contributor

Re: ColestaCare

[ Edited ]

@CLEM

Make sure you get all the lipid panel numbers, including the VLDL and the 2 ratio numbers. Total cholesterol numbers only do not tell the whole story. Just passing on info I have studied since the 1970's.

The word NORMAL tells you little when comes to lipid readings. Get numbers like (1-2-3) and (%) and you know exactly what is going on with your lipids. Total to HDL Ratio/HDL to LDL ratio. HDL to VLDL ratio.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I tried CholestaCare 12 years ago, but later switched to Puritans Pride CholestWise, a much more comprehensive product. CC contains only plant sterols, CW contains the plant sterols,  fish oil, niacin, garlic  and another ingredient which fights inherited cholesterol. Been great.

If you just want the plant sterols you can take Puritans Pride Double Strength Phytosterol Complex, for a fraction of Lessman's cost.

Respected Contributor

CLEM:  This product certainly helped a great deal and I am just glad I don't have to take any of these statins.

I wrote a post a few months ago with my incredible experience with CholestaCare. My "bad"cholesterol was slowly creeping up, even though the "good" cholesterol was great.  I refused to be put on statins of any kind and my Dr. said it is not too bad yet, keep eating healthy (which I do) and she will watch the numbers.  Well,  about 1/2 year ago my bad level went a little higher and the Dr. said if it gets any higher at my next blood test, I will have no choice as I was doing everything right.  I was desperate so I took the plunge with CholestaCare and figured I would give it a try.  OMG!  after taking this for 4 months I went back for my blood test and was all prepared for my Dr. to give me bad new.  She was shocked, my bad level went down by 40 points.  She could not believe it and I told her I did not do anything differently, always ate healthy and showed her the jar of ColestaCare and she said it is perfectly safe, keep doing what I have been doing, and she wrote down all the info so she could recommend it to her patients.  I swear by this product.  I am going back in July for my next physical and hope the numbers are as good.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Hckynut,

Do you know anything about the concept regarding large vs small particles?  My HDL & triglyceride readings are good, but my LDL is high and I was reading that a high LDL may not be bad if the particles are large, making them more protective than small particles.  I was trying to find out where I could get that testing done.  Just wondered if you knew anything about this.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: ColestaCare

[ Edited ]

@CLEM wrote:

My colesterol levels have always been great.  Around a little over 200 with the good cholesterol being higher than normal.  Then I retired and discovered  all that bad for you take out and indulged a bit too much until my levels soared to about 250 or so.  My physician told me that he would not prescribe any medidine for me since he knew that I can correct it with diet.  Well, that was about 9 years ago and nothing helped. 

So about 2 years ago I ordered Lelssman's cholesta care, and over the last year cut out most of the junk food. 

Just had my annual physical and my total cholesterol level is down to 205.  I don't think I would have been able to do it without the ColestaCare.  This stuff rocks.  I wanted to write a review, but HSN did not allow me to because I had not purchased this product within the last 365 days.  Weird!

I still have some left and hope they will be the special value next month so I can stock up again together with the Fibermusil.

This product certainly helped a great deal and I am just glad I don't have to take any of these statins.

Your cholestrol levels were at 200 and you think thats low???? Yikes! My highest so far have been 111 and my dr. is concerned. My doctor would be having a fit if after 9 years I still haven't brought my levels past 205! That's insane! How can doctors be so different? Wow.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@CLEM wrote:

Your cholestrol levels were at 200 and you think thats low???? Yikes! My highest so far have been 111 and my dr. is concerned. My doctor would be having a fit if after 9 years I still haven't brought my levels past 205! That's insane! How can doctors be so different? Wow.

Your doctor is the one who is insane. 111 total cholesterol is LOW. Unless you're a three year old I guess.......