Esteemed Contributor

I didn't want to bump up an "old" thread

DH is having this on Monday

He's had a rough couple of years (prostate cancer, then cataracts. & recently horrible hip pain)

I'd never heard of the implant before. They said his cataract is too far gone for removal.   One of DH's coworker's DH had it and is very happy with it.  (She told DH he has "dog eyes"  they glow in the dark)

I'm very hopeful for a wonderful outcome. The surgeon really has great reviews.

DH says he'll have a 6 Million Dollar Man eye.

Prayers and good thoughts are always Welcome

Thank you

Valued Contributor

Re: Cataract Implant Surgery

Consider it done 🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

Prayers for your DH and you

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

I forgot to write that our friend in her seventies had this surgery and she is very pleased with the outcome. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey,

Just clarifying, but the purpose of cataract surgery is to remove the cloudy lens of the eye created by growth of the cataract, and implant a new lens to restore vision.   

Very best wishes to your husband with this procedure.   Just a tip:  when you put the drops in his eye, aim for the inner corner and when your husband blinks, that will distribute the medication properly.    

Very best wishes to your husband with this common procedure.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop :  Not all cataract (implant) surgeries require drops; I had mine 18 mths ago and the doctor if the "drops" in my eyes during surgery.  So much easier and the results are terrific. Worth asking about...

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey    Of course....and hoping for a speedy recovery.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey speedy recovery to your husband!

I had both my eyes done in November and my husband had both his done in December.  Ours are for distance and reading glasses for up close. 

We both couldn't be happier and ours glow too!! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I had both eyes done three years ago... went from 20/400 vision my entire life... with both glasses or contact lenses   for distance correction....... to better than 20/20 vision UNCORRECTED.  No glasses other than for reading close up... distance vision is now AMAZING.  I could not be more pleased.

Valued Contributor

I had one eye done for reading. I didn't want to use reading glasses anymore. Perfect, but I still need glasses for driving. So I'm thinking of getting the other eye done for distance! Doctor said I could and he recommended it.

I'm still on the fence about having my two eyes having different focus. Wonder if anyone has done that.