Trusted Contributor
Hi, just wondering if anyone has had a CardioVersion procedure done and if so, did you get good results? My DH is having the procedure done tomorrow morning to try and shock his heart out of A-fib and back to a normal rhythm/rate. Fingers crossed that this works for him!!!😕
Super Contributor

@hooked on books -I had it done. No problem at all. They put you to sleep, of course. It worked great. Good luck to hubby. 💗

Trusted Contributor
@Snooky60, so glad to hear that it worked for you! A-fib is so dangerous! Hope that you continue to be well and thanks so much for your good luck wishes!! I sure do hope it works for my hubs!!!😺
Super Contributor

@hooked on books -let us know how it goes for him. 

When the doctor told me I had to have it done, I said to her, "you mean like on TV?"  I had never known anyone who actually had it.🤣

Trusted Contributor

I can't offer anything based on personal experience, but here is a very complete view of this procedure, written on the Mayo Clinic website. I think it will give you confidence that your husband will be just fine and the procedure will yield great benefit. Wishing good luck and good health.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cardioversion/about/pac-20385123

Trusted Contributor
@gizmogal, thanks so much for the link and for the good wishes!!! 😺
Trusted Contributor
@Snooky60, I had never heard of it until 2 days ago! I'll let you know how it goes! Anything involving the heart is really worrisome, for sure!!!
Respected Contributor

I did not, but my mom did.  Worked perfectly.  He'll be great after

Honored Contributor

Re: CardioVersion?

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books 

Cardioversion is a procedure that is done pretty often for those having some types of irregular heart beats. This has been done for a very long time and a pretty common procedure used to shock the heart back into Sinus Rhythm.

I have had 2 heart attacks and have spent many different weeks in the hospital on the Heart Floor. Over that time I have had met many that have had this procedure, and it is probably one of the simplest and most common heart procedures done. It is a minimally-invasive procedure and for most takes little time.

Several of my friends have Afib, and most of them, at some point have had Cardioversion. I personally have never had this done, even though I have had PVC(Premature Ventricular Contractions),diagnosed many decades ago. This is called by some "skipping a heart beat".

This procedure is probably the safest heart procedure done other than having a resting  EKG. Your husband will be fine and this may be all he needs. For many it works for long terms, for others it works, but along the way they may need it done again.

Rest easy, he will be just fine. I hope this helps keep his heart in Sinus Rhythm permanently.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor
Thank you all for your kind support. Yes, it went great, his heart is back to normal rhythm! It'll take a couple of days for him to feel better as he has so much fluid on board and it's really affected his breathing over the past couple of weeks but thank goodness he's out of A-fib(for now)!!! 😃😃