Respected Contributor

OK, bluejay and LV what's going on. Haven't heard from either of you.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking the same and hope they are doing ok and will let us know when they are able.

Contributor
As hectic as it is here with my kids and their friends, I am also wondering how everyone did with their surgeries. Please, we are waiting for good news. Goldie, how are you doing? Wish I could help you out. I have three Bday cakes....Good grief! Actually, I could use a little padding on my behind...sometimes, I can feel the bones when I sit. That is in the injury pain area. Since the boys are early birds, I'd better try to sleep. Waiting to hear...Goldie, feel better...Sheldo
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone, I was released out of the hospital yesterday and I had a really hard time there. My surgery itself went well but when they put a catheter and a stent it didn't go so well. The catheter was leaking the whole time I had it in, they actually had to tape it down. The stent gave me a urinary/bladder infection which is SO painful. My incision so bruised it looks like someone punched my stomach all the way around my incision. I also got a hematoma from the surgery. So I can say i do feel really miserable. I don't really want to eat anything ether because of all the medication i have to take it makes me really nauseous. Hard for me to get any rest either because i have to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes. Its been really hard and painful surgery for me, I just wanted to keep you guys updated..I'm going to try to eat something, i haven't barely ate anything since the surgery.

Honored Contributor

LV--gosh I'm so sorry for the horrible reactions to your surgery!!! All this cr(a)p ain't easy is it. Try to eat something tho, maybe some soda crackers or some broth. And if you are having such problems then get on the phone and talk to your drs.!!! There should be things you can do to help you. Do you have any one staying with you? This is the time you need someone to baby you!! It takes time---I know---more waiting!!!!!

Hi everyone!! It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I hope you are all doing ok. Nothing much going on in my world. Been trying to implement my new regime of exercises and supplements. I still feel like I've been hit by a bus sometimes; lots of aches and pains. Don't know if I need a shrink and that its mostly in my head-------- some would say that is a good idea!! Mostly my family!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Weather here is pretty normal--grey and wet and foggy. We didn't get any arctic vortex here at all. Had a pretty gnarly wind storm that knocked down several trees onto power lines but didn't affect me.

OK--tag........you're it!!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

PAM

Occasional Contributor
On 1/19/2014 wagirl said:

LV--gosh I'm so sorry for the horrible reactions to your surgery!!! All this cr(a)p ain't easy is it. Try to eat something tho, maybe some soda crackers or some broth. And if you are having such problems then get on the phone and talk to your drs.!!! There should be things you can do to help you. Do you have any one staying with you? This is the time you need someone to baby you!! It takes time---I know---more waiting!!!!!

Hi everyone!! It's been a long time since I've posted anything. I hope you are all doing ok. Nothing much going on in my world. Been trying to implement my new regime of exercises and supplements. I still feel like I've been hit by a bus sometimes; lots of aches and pains. Don't know if I need a shrink and that its mostly in my head-------- some would say that is a good idea!! Mostly my family!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Weather here is pretty normal--grey and wet and foggy. We didn't get any arctic vortex here at all. Had a pretty gnarly wind storm that knocked down several trees onto power lines but didn't affect me.

OK--tag........you're it!!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

PAM

Hi Wagirl,

I did call the doctor this morning and told him that I don't have an appetite for anything. Nothing sounds good to eat plus I don't feel hungry either. He said to try drinking ensure, so I will try that later when I have to take my antibiotics again. He also had to change my antibiotics, the ones that he prescribed gave me a pounding heartbeat for hours. But this new one has vomiting and the runs as side affects, so I am hoping that I don't have either one of them. I already feel nauseous all day as it is. My husband took some time off to take care of me, I don't think i would be able to do this on my own, its hard for me just to get out of bed. Thank you for checking on me and everyone elses support on this forum. I will try to keep strong

Respected Contributor

LV you sound like a mess. I don't know what antibiotics your on so I can't suggest too much. Take an imodium for the runs and try to eat something before you take your antibiotics. Anything. Plus you need to drink fluids. You don't want to get dehydrated.

Respected Contributor

LV - so sorry you have to go through this. Maybe you have nausea from the meds, it will really help if you can eat even a soda cracker or 2 before taking them, like Pam mentioned.

I had seromas, a hematoma and staph infection after my surgeries and I know those complications are not fun to have, but I hope you will now be feeling a bit better every day from here on out.

Try to drink as much as you can, especially water, for the bladder infection and faster healing. You poor dear, we're rooting for you to feel better fast!

Lannie

Regular Contributor
On 1/18/2014 JackieHN said:

OK, bluejay and LV what's going on. Haven't heard from either of you.

Hi Jackie,

On Friday I meet with my soon-to-be surgeon and he recommended that I get the entire thyroid out. I also found out that I have a second large growth. I thought I only had one but now know that I have 2. He said it may be cancer but he isn't quite sure what it is.

Since I have nodules on both sides of my thyroid and these 2 large growths on and near my thyroid, he thinks it is best to just remove the entire thyroid and he also mentioned doing a neck dissection. I think it is best also just in case the pathology report shows that it is cancer. I am really nervous about this upcoming surgery.

They have submitted this to our insurance so we have to wait until it is approved and then he wants me to get some tests before the surgery.

Anyway it has been a bad weekend for me. Some of you may remember that my bunny died recently. That along with the possibility of having cancer and the knowledge that I need surgery has not been easy to deal with. Then I found out on Friday that my only child is moving out of the house and out of town. I don't have any other family except my husband, so I feel like I am losing half of my family. He won't even be here for my surgery.

I know it is a normal thing for kids to move out and move on but it is just coming at a very bad time for me. I am already having trouble dealing with things as it is. It just seems like things keep getting added more and more and that I don't have the strength to bear it. I feel like I am being crushed by the weight of it all... I have been wondering for over 2 months if I have cancer.

I also haven't been sleeping well and I am just exhausted!

I will update again when I get my surgery date or maybe sooner.

Please keep me in your prayers! I can use as much prayer as possible.

Thanks so much!

Regular Contributor
On 1/19/2014 LVgirl said:

Hi everyone, I was released out of the hospital yesterday and I had a really hard time there. My surgery itself went well but when they put a catheter and a stent it didn't go so well. The catheter was leaking the whole time I had it in, they actually had to tape it down. The stent gave me a urinary/bladder infection which is SO painful. My incision so bruised it looks like someone punched my stomach all the way around my incision. I also got a hematoma from the surgery. So I can say i do feel really miserable. I don't really want to eat anything ether because of all the medication i have to take it makes me really nauseous. Hard for me to get any rest either because i have to run to the bathroom every 30 minutes. Its been really hard and painful surgery for me, I just wanted to keep you guys updated..I'm going to try to eat something, i haven't barely ate anything since the surgery.

LV- I am so sorry that you are having such a bad time with your recovery. I hope you feel better soon! Take care!