Valued Contributor
JB, when you get the " all clear" after your first mammo. Then it will get easier, next time. But I understand the first one is scary. Hang in there. Goldie
Respected Contributor

I'll pray for all of you who are undergoing tests or surgery. I say prayers for everyone on the forum every night.

I've had the worst problem lately getting to sleep. I can be so tired, but as soon as I get in bed, I toss and turn. I'm so groggy now, I can hardly keep my eyes open.

You won't believe what I did. I fixed the best Chili. It was too hot to put the Chili in containers to refrigerate and/or freeze, so I took a shower and washed my hair, did some stretching exercises, then had a bite to eat and did the dishes. I thought the Chili was still too hot; and I really should have set the timer for 1/2 hour or so. I fell asleep in my chair, with the TV on. When I woke up, I came into the kitchen, and there was the Chili still in the Dutch Oven. The Chili was not even warm, and had been sitting there about 4 hours. So I had to throw it away. I almost cried; but then I thought there are worse things in life, so I'll fix it again tomorrow. Just have to buy more ingredients. I'll bet I'm the only stupid person who has ever done that.

Regular Contributor
On 1/10/2014 Lyn08 said:

I'll pray for all of you who are undergoing tests or surgery. I say prayers for everyone on the forum every night.

I've had the worst problem lately getting to sleep. I can be so tired, but as soon as I get in bed, I toss and turn. I'm so groggy now, I can hardly keep my eyes open.

You won't believe what I did. I fixed the best Chili. It was too hot to put the Chili in containers to refrigerate and/or freeze, so I took a shower and washed my hair, did some stretching exercises, then had a bite to eat and did the dishes. I thought the Chili was still too hot; and I really should have set the timer for 1/2 hour or so. I fell asleep in my chair, with the TV on. When I woke up, I came into the kitchen, and there was the Chili still in the Dutch Oven. The Chili was not even warm, and had been sitting there about 4 hours. So I had to throw it away. I almost cried; but then I thought there are worse things in life, so I'll fix it again tomorrow. Just have to buy more ingredients. I'll bet I'm the only stupid person who has ever done that.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

I have an appointment with the surgeon next Friday morning. I hope it goes well. I am kind of nervous about what he will have to say. I imagine he will want to take the whole thyroid. I pray that there is no cancer!

Contributor
JBin, I just had my first bilateral mammo on January 8th & I was a nervous wreck starting about a week prior. I am on the "instant read" list so I only waited about 10 minutes before the nurse gave me the thumbs up. I then saw my surgeon a couple hours after the mammo & he gave me wonderful news: "no evidence of recurrent disease". He did suggest that I have a bilateral ultrasound in 6 months vs another mammo so that's already scheduled for July. Thanks for your friendship & support. I send my very best wishes & prayers that you get the same news I did on the 14th (which is incidentally the 1st anniversary of my dx). Hugs, Kindle
Respected Contributor

LV we'll be praying for you on the 15th. We'll be there in spirit so try to come down a bit. Yeah, it's hard but your going to get through it just fine.

Bluejay of course your nervous. That's only natural. We'll be praying for you as well.

Everytime I go for a mammo, MRI or an ultrasound I'm bouncing off of the walls. I survive it all but lord all of the energy it takes to be so nervous is not worth it. In two months when I go back I'll try to be calmer. Yeah, right. My girlfriend is a nurse practioner. Her mother died from breast cancer at 52. she goes every six months because they're always finding some sort of benign thing in her breasts. She said I'm like you. When I'm there I'm nuts. Maybe it's a nursing thing. You know nurses are drama queens.

Respected Contributor

lyn - have your turned orange yet from the tumeric??? Maybe it will just give you a nice tan coloring - you can look like you've had a vacation in the Caribbean!!

I have also left things out that I forget about, and am getting worse that way. Chemo brain is being a permanent condition with me.

How do you make your chili? I love it and like to try different recipes. I hosted a chili cook-off once, even had the official rules and sheets on how to judge it so they could just make a check by the 10 criteria and mine ended up with the most points when I totaled them! I obviously didn't take the prize, but everyone had so much fun. Everyone who entered their chili got a prize, as well as the "judges"! They of course had their unofficial "Chili Judge" badges on! And sherbet to clear their palates between tastings. Wish I had enough energy to do it this winter.

I have had serious issues with sleeping. I finally have to take a sleeping pill on the days that I work. Sometimes I wouldn't get to sleep until 4 am and have to get up at 6:15 am for work. I have kind of a system on my no work days - I drink some tart cherry juice, take my calcium and magnesium at night and a Benadryl and that seems to work pretty good. I know the calcium and magnesium really do help.

Take care of yourself - this applies to everyone, I know some are facing surgeries or results and my thoughts are with you all,

Lannie

Contributor
LV, Have been thinking about you and will continue to pray for you on the 15th. You will do great. If you weren't nervous, you wouldn't be human.==================================Goldie things will slow down here in another 2 weeks and I'll ne able to hop back on line. Chris and his wife are coming in again for a few days. I am sure Amy (Chris' wife ) will leave to go and see her dad who lives about an hour north. I am trying to get the kitchen back together after the painting. Came out neautiful AND the additive that B. Moore put in for the odor is wonderful...NO smell at all.====================================================Kackie, how was that bagel? I will ne having one tomorrow .......the ones I get are pretty good, but can't compare to the ones my son would bring home from Brooklyn...========================================All the gals that I have to help me have been sick, so my house hasn't had a deep cleaning in 7 weeks. Karen is okay, so she changed all the beds for me. I did 2 of the 3 bathrooms, but, I can't keep it up......my hip, lower back and hiney ate killing me. My vacume "bit the dust" so Chris brought home an extra Dyson he had. It is so heavy that I can't use it, but chris did some for me and I was flabberghasted at how much it picked up. He left it for me so the girls can use it. I guess they really are good b/c with just my son and myself, we don't really get dirty.. I am seldom out, and he is always at work. I have no strength in my arms...or any place else. Oh well, I put many years in.===============OK, good luck everyone this week, I'll need it in 3 weeks when I get another mamo. Now I wish they had taken both breasts. Talk to you soon. Sheldo
Regular Contributor
On 1/11/2014 JackieHN said:

LV we'll be praying for you on the 15th. We'll be there in spirit so try to come down a bit. Yeah, it's hard but your going to get through it just fine.

Bluejay of course your nervous. That's only natural. We'll be praying for you as well.

Everytime I go for a mammo, MRI or an ultrasound I'm bouncing off of the walls. I survive it all but lord all of the energy it takes to be so nervous is not worth it. In two months when I go back I'll try to be calmer. Yeah, right. My girlfriend is a nurse practioner. Her mother died from breast cancer at 52. she goes every six months because they're always finding some sort of benign thing in her breasts. She said I'm like you. When I'm there I'm nuts. Maybe it's a nursing thing. You know nurses are drama queens.

Thanks Jackie, I really appreciate your prayers!

Respected Contributor

Sheldo you sound like a mess. Try to take it easy. I was thinking about the dyson but handled it in one of the stores and said, this isn't for me. Mother in law was in a generous mood 2 years ago and got me the Shark navigator. A bit lighter than the dyson.

Bluejay, that's why we're all here. We help each other through the next test, biopsy, or operation. We know what you are going through. I was watching Yogi Cameron who was helping a cancer patient. He said you can only worry about today. The past is the past. Well, it looks like we're all going to have to do some heavy meditation.

Well, ladies I visited my cousin in Voohries NJ and finally made it to a Wegman's. Fabulous. However no one smiles in the store. One lady got annoyed that she couldn't pass me in the aisle. I said, I'm terribly sorry and moved my cart. She said something under her breath. My big mouth cousin turned to her and said, maybe if you smiled you wouldn't be so mean spirited. I said Debbie, this isn't Brooklyn. She said where do you think all of these snobs came from. Now they have a little bit of money and think who they are. She slays me.

Jxx

Valued Contributor
Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well and surviving the cold temps. It's warm here in Oklahoma, actually it was almost 70 yesterday. Today it's not quite as warm. But nothing like most of you guys are going through. LV thinking of you today, please post as soon as you're able. Sheldo, gf hope you're doing ok. I owe you a letter! Hugs to all Goldie