Honored Contributor

Been one helluva a ride hasn't it? But you did it. Hoping you NEVER have to go thru all this again!!!

PAM

Valued Contributor
On 1/3/2014 wagirl said:

Been one helluva a ride hasn't it? But you did it. Hoping you NEVER have to go thru all this again!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

PAM

Hey wagirl...hoping everything is good with you. Wishing you a happy, healthy 2014.

Maria

Respected Contributor
On 1/3/2014 ukseahawk said:

Hi everyone. 1 year ago today I got that horrible phone call - you have cancer. Yikes - how time flies when you are having so much 'fun'!

I hope everyone has a very healthy 2014 and I pray that none of us receives that call ever again! Have a great weekend.

UK

Hi UK ! I got the call one year and one day ago and remember it well - I didn't realize how close we were on hearing our news together! And yes, I hope none of us get that awful call again. Once is too much.

It got to -19 degrees out last night. I don't even remember what they said the wind chill was. Just got back from the grocery store and don't have anything planned that involves going outside this weekend!

How's your hair doing? Mine is taking it's time coming back, but is wavy, and no gray hair. In kind of a spiked pixie right now - can't seem to get it to lay down, but I'm not complaining cuz it's hair! My nails are starting to finally look better, but can't seem to shake the muscle and joint pain.

Take care and thanks for checking in!

Lanni

Contributor
On 1/3/2014 Lannie said:

Hi everyone. 1 year ago today I got that horrible phone call - you have cancer. Yikes - how time flies when you are having so much 'fun'!

I hope everyone has a very healthy 2014 and I pray that none of us receives that call ever again! Have a great weekend.

UK

Hi UK ! I got the call one year and one day ago and remember it well - I didn't realize how close we were on hearing our news together! And yes, I hope none of us get that awful call again. Once is too much.

It got to -19 degrees out last night. I don't even remember what they said the wind chill was. Just got back from the grocery store and don't have anything planned that involves going outside this weekend!

How's your hair doing? Mine is taking it's time coming back, but is wavy, and no gray hair. In kind of a spiked pixie right now - can't seem to get it to lay down, but I'm not complaining cuz it's hair! My nails are starting to finally look better, but can't seem to shake the muscle and joint pain.

Take care and thanks for checking in!

Lanni

Hi Lanni - I knew we were close but not that close! My hair used to be strawberry blonde but is now grey with some black in it. I've gotten a haircut because the Billy Idol look wasn't a good one for me! My hair is sort of like Jennifer Lawrence but not that cute! My nails grow so fast and are really strong. The only pain I have is some neuropathy in my right foot but it isn't all the time.

I am triple negative, weren't you too? It is about 45 and was actually sunny up here in Seattle today. I feel so bad for all you folks that are in the cold and snow - please stay inside and be warm!

Have a great weekend.

UK

Valued Contributor
Hi UK and Lannie.....it will be one year ago tomorrow that I had my surgical biopsy. I am Triple Negative too. Was in dr.'s ofc. this past Mon. with a weird rash on my middriff...needed to make sure it wasn't cellulitus as I've had weird stuff going on since I stupidly shaved (though be it with electric razor) under my arm on 12/18th. Rash is much better today TG! I go for my bi-mammo and ultra sound next month. Isn't it something that all 3 of us were getting diagnosed with same thing at same time??? Glad you two are doing good! Happy New Year to us all!
New Contributor

It's really a nice place to discuss about the cancer issues and other related it. One of my friends taking a small quantity of alcohol daily. I said, While talking like it leads into different health issues and even cause liver cancer. What are the general symptoms to be observed for a liver cancer disease? If anyone knows please share those details. Any kind of information regarding the topic is greatly accepted at any movement.

alcol test kit medico

Respected Contributor

UK

Hello to all of you lovely ladies who are regular posters here and to all of the newcomers as well. It was a year ago on New Year's Eve that I got the call that no one ever wants to get. How glad I am that we are all here today sharing our positive news with each other and with the new ladies who have joined the thread.

Sorry I have been gone for so long. But, I have followed the thread and tried to keep up on the news that each of you have shared. We have all come very far in the past year.

We all seem to have our trials but it is very comforting to come here for support. I hope the new posters will stay here and benefit from all the kindness, support and advice that is shared by the very generous members of this thread. Sorry that I have not been able to contribute much over the past few months.

I hold all of you, new and "older" posters in my thoughts and prayers. To the newer posters, I pray that you will have good results as you move through diagnosis, treatment and surgery. To the "older" posters, I consider you to be a blessing in my life for all that you have shared over the past year.

Hoping that 2014 will be a good year for all of us no matter what trials we face. We can help and support each other. I can't think of anything we could do for each other that would be more important.

Sending belated wishes for a Happy New Year to all! I hope to post more often in 2014 and hope that I may be able to help any and all who come here in some small way.

Also hope that those of you on the East Coast have gotten through the terible snow storm and very cold temps. that were predicted. I hear that it was not as bad in N.J. as predicted but know that it is all still difficult.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

Lannie, Bow and UK--Amazing that you 3 were dx with the same thing at the same time? Did any of you realize that until now? So you are the TNT--trip neg trio--and that fits you well as all of you are firecrackers and have kicked cancer zombies a#s!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Bow--I go in Feb 3 for my 2 mammos--one is 3D and the other is MRI. Was surprised but pleased that I'll get the MRI one. kThat will tell me if anything is happening in my invisible boob (chest wall) as well as the normal one.

Maria--I'm doing well. Hope all is well with you too.

PAM

Respected Contributor

UK - Billy Idol??? LOL! I bet you look really cute in the JL style. I think I look like that kid in Little Rascals that had the hair sticking up in the back and the rest plastered down. Actually it's sticking up all over and I try and plaster it down, but it's a bit on the stubborn side. I just have decided that it is Happy Hair and wants to stand up and shout I'm baaaack!!! That's just how it is right now. We sure do learn acceptance going through this journey.

Hi Bow! - even though we are careful, sometimes our axillary area just doesn't want to be messed with! Mine hurts really bad sometimes, like now, but it may be because I just had my mammo and I let them press as hard as they want to get a good picture. I can't use my walking poles right now because of weather, but I was trying to make them the right height for me and of course I got one stuck and can't budge it. The hula hoop is still a challenge, but I am determined to conquer it. If I can conquer breast cancer, I can conquer a hoola hoop........

Pam - I LOVE it, TNT, Triple Negative Trio!!!

OK, bow and UK, as still Queen of the kingdom, I hereby knight us all officially as TNT, "Triple Negative Trio" and we can think of a motto or a mascot or something fun! We hope that no one else has to join this group, but if they ever do, we are survivors that you can count on for support.

By the way, mine was Stage 2, grade 3, poorly differentiated (there was so much cancer they couldn't differentiate between the normal and cancer cells) and had spread to my sentinel node - they took 3 out. Left breast.

For sure we are going to have a better 2014 than the last year!

Take care all you dear people,

LL

Respected Contributor

JB - so sweet of you to check in and have such kind comments. I too feel that way about this board and the people on it. I don't know what I would have done without it. They all helped me so much going through my chemo and my bad days, I'm just so grateful.

Yes, we do support each other no matter what happens in ours lives and that is so important and 2014 hopefully will be continuing recovery and strength. I can't believe so many of us got diagnosed at the same time in different geographical areas, what's going on?

We have dangerously cold weather here in WI and some schools are already closed for Monday. This winter has been brutal so far - where is that global warming??!!! Send it here!

Take care of yourself,

Lannie