Valued Contributor

hello all. I've been trying to catch up, I didn't know it had been so long since I posted! I'm doing fine, I've been busy with my daily chores, and my crafts. I have been having trouble with the Q website. I tried yesterday and this morning and it wouldn't let me sign in. .?

Anyway, I'm fine and I hope you all are doing ok. I pray for all of you, to get through , whatever your challenge may be.  This is such a strong group of women. 

Im so proud of all of you. You're the best! 

Hugs

Goldie

Respected Contributor

My b/c surgeon is having a spa morning for her patients tomorrow; she will have manicures, massage, etc. I get to bring my BFF, who wasnt her patient but is a b/c survivor.

This sounds like fun and it will be nice to meet other women. I can be shy, but my BFF (a retired flight attendant w/American) can make friends with anyone in 10 minutes.

Respected Contributor

Oh boy Maestra. sounds like fun. Once you go there you'll be fine. It's time you get a little pampering. 

Honored Contributor

Lioness, we got your back Lannie...

images0UFY28Q1.jpg

imagesTFK6L97P.jpg

imagesCWHP9LGT.jpg

images9Z5551UM.jpg

imagesRXSBOO9M.jpg

imagesHFQD6QTT.jpg

imagesT6RWS9TP.jpg

images9R9QCVHS.jpg

imagesHNLOP9UW.png

images2UKT6574.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Jackie, I was talking about your ECHO.  The electronic gadget you just bought.  I want you to teach me how to use mine. 

Maestra, I am so happy you are going out for some pampering.  I would go with you, if you were near!!  Since this cancer stuff has settled down, I have been having monthly pampering.  It feels great to do something for myself for a change.  I buy groupons and try different spas.  It's great.  I get a treat at a reduced price. You go girl.

Goldie, we were worried about you.  Glad you are out there doing great.

Lioness, I will come and help you move.  I'm not kidding either!!  I also am good at giving stuff to goodwill.  You call me.

Pam, stay safe.

Respected Contributor

Well GC you see where my head is at. We just hooked up the echo today. Husband is disappointed because it doesn't give directions via subway or buses just cars. I'm still learning about it but you first have to do the setup by your iphone or android. 

Honored Contributor

Jackie---I went to see my primary dr yesterday to see if she would take the drain out and just check over my really sore spots, tube hole and stitches and she thought all looked good, she  called my surgeons office and said that until there is 20cc A DAY or less, the drain stays in. There's more than that still, altho just barely more. So If I can get to the surgeions on Monday, I am going to  ---be one with my drain, oommmm------not really an issue, just another thing hanging off my body---shall I name it, " little Sheila"?

What a treat to get a spa day!! That is so nice!!! I'd go in a New York minute!!!!

Goldie---so good to hear from you!! And that you are doing well. You are the Mother Ship of our little world here, so when we don't hear from you, we worry!!!!

Lannie-do you like your new place? I know that is a hard question as how do you know until you get there.  Just wish you had more help.

GCR--love your quotes, as usual.

This is the calm before the storm here. Very quiet outside and calm and dry, I think. Still say wind at least 50-60 with gusts around 65-70 mph. Now they are throwing in building damaging along with power outages, and trees down probable. Should start around 4 pm and be bad til midnite. Am going to get my airbeds blown up and downstairs to "sleep", yeah right,tonite. Have a generator that will keep us warm and can hook up a light and run the refer too. Charging up all my portable power paks for our devices and downloading the different utilites apps for info. Got food too. I HATE this!!!

ok all, happy weekend!!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Pam if you stil draining more than 20cc then it has to stay. You don't want any problems along the way. I made out a spread sheet of what I was emptying a day. My surgeon said very good work and threw it in the garbage. 

Let's hope the storm is a big nothing. You don't need all of this stress over it. 

Hey Lannie, how is your purging going. If your not in love with something toss it. 

Honored Contributor

Today is a regional holiday in some states, including mine, so even if you don't observe.....

Image result for sweetest day candy
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi beauties! Spa morning was fun, there were refreshments, BFF and I both had chair massages, manicures, and she had a chance to meet my surgeon, who also had brought her 2 daughters.

It was wonderful to share the love with women in all different stages of treatment and healing.

My friend and I are going to donate our swag bags to the hospital to give to b/c patients; I dont appreciate the trinkets the way someone  else might. Getting out was enough for me.