Honored Contributor

@AkaGoldie

Goldie, it's your 'chicken' sister Bernadette from the great state of Michigan.  I continue to pray for you and cycle a flameless candle in your name.  

My old man Poppi (will be 11 at the end of June)

Poppi.jpg

My youngest Presto

Presto.jpg

And the man of the house, Grayson

005.JPG

All send well wishes to you.

PS - that is not a dead pigeon with her feet up in the air, lol.  I bought Grayson a plush pigeon by Hansa.  He likes her in his man cave.

That's another story, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

See Goldie, you've got the whole country rooting for you!  Bow has the south covered, so you are going to feel better very soon.

Thinking of you and hoping things will go well from here on out.  Heart

HRL

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Birdmama, enjoyed your pictures and so glad you clarified your stuffed upside down pigeon in the last picture with Grayson!  Em

PS. Goldie I have Pennsylvania covered for you!

Respected Contributor

Oh birdmama what beautiful pictures of your babies. Thank you for posting them. Waiting to hear from Goldie. Didn't hear from her yesterday. I'm sure she's just resting. I'll find her.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. 

Jxx

Honored Contributor

Birdmama---what kind of birdies are those--and laughed out loud at your stuffed pidgeon  in the man cave-hilarious!!! 

Is there no one but me covering goldie, on the west coast? I'm so lonely!!! Still raining and cool and grey here. The usual Mem day holiday for us. Am dressed in layers, long pants, shoes socks, sweatshirt and long sleeves---got the heat on too.

Going to a movie with daughter and hubs soon; then will spend my b-day in June at the theater too---one movie after another on that day, with Greek food for lunch in between-----

Honored Contributor

@wagirl

Poppi is a male sparrow - hand raised.

Presto is a female sparrow - hand raised.

Grayson found me after he was attacked by something in 2009.  Too much wing damage, would never fly. 

Grayson over the years channels his inner wild pigeon.  A couple of years into our relationship, he decided he liked the area under an old coffee table.  So I bought beach towels and put a towel down.  One year he saw some flexible long stems that the leaves of the black walnut tree grow on and decided to bring some in from the patio (I supervise outside time).  He decided to build a nest.

He has a couple of plush cat toys (no catnip in them).  He also has a small latex rubber chicken (must have been a small dog toy, heck I can't remember) that looks like this:

He used to grab it by the neck and run through the house with it.  Now he puts it in his nest and sits on it like he is trying to hatch something in the spring.

I harvest fresh walnut tree leaf stems all year.  I'll put a pile on the patio and encourage him to fetch them himself.

I always felt bad he couldn't be returned to the wild, and there was no way I was destroying him.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I see the oncologist for a three month checkup on weds.  His nurse called with the CA125 test results.  They were the same as last time, 5.  Should be an uneventful visit.  Go see the chemo Dr next week.  I saw those results on the hospitals website.  I'll ask him about the iron/low red blood count.  I'm going to also ask him how long I'll need to see him.  He doesn't do an exam like the oncologist and radiation Dr.  The radiation Dr is dropping off my payroll in the fall after my six month checkup.

Birdmama, your toy bird picture scared me.  I thought it was a real bird!!

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Heard from Goldie. She's hanging in there. This chemo is doing a number on her. She went to a flea market yesterday and fell. Nothing serious. Hopefully she'll get back to the board soon. Thank you all for the support and love. Hopefully this week will be uneventful for her. 

GC good luck at the Dr' this week. He or she may not do anything about your numbers. Just tell you to eat more food with iron or he may suggest iron pills. 

Honored Contributor

Sounds like Goldie is doing pretty good getting out to the flea market.  Hope she's feeling good.

Jackie, the Dr with the iron is next week.  That's the chemo Dr.  Tomorrow morning, I see the oncologist.  He was the one with the CA125.  All my cancer Drs are men.  I'm guessing it will be an uneventful visit, since the nurse called and told me the CA125 results.  She was shocked I had an appt this week, so she probably wasn't supposed to call me.

I tackled my fears the other day.  I walked the Wal-Mart super store.  I am ready to give costco a shot.  Maybe Thursday.

Honored Contributor

The oncologist said everything looks good, come back in 3 months.  The best thing he said was the port can come out.  He's going to put in a referral to have that dept call me to schedule it.  I celebrated by stopping at my new barber shop and getting a neck shave.  Doesn't take much to make me happy.