Trusted Contributor
@wagirl thank you so very much for posting those questions. I really appreciate it. I have set up an Appointment with a Chemotherapy Nurse for 6/2/16. I will need a list by then. I am going through Cancer packets I was given to see if there are other questions to ask. I'm hoping my Family gets to a point where I have to do this and I will need their help.
Honored Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:
@wagirl thank you so very much for posting those questions. I really appreciate it. I have set up an Appointment with a Chemotherapy Nurse for 6/2/16. I will need a list by then. I am going through Cancer packets I was given to see if there are other questions to ask. I'm hoping my Family gets to a point where I have to do this and I will need their help.

You are welcome, kitty---I went to "chemo" school too and got to sit down with the 2 nurses and they went thru everything bit by bit. They didn't sugar coat anything and let me ask all the questions I wanted altho I didn't know I wanted to ask until they explained things to me. I walked away fromthere a few hours later with a 3 " ring binder full of info. Was great. I think once you know more about what you will be going thru, maybe then you can have a sit down with the family and tell them about it as well as TELL them what you want them to do. I'm sure they are clueless. Wish I would have done that myself. And my onc nurses were angels and they were a HUGE source of info. You can say anything to them and they will make sure that problem is noted and your onc dr is informed.  And remember---we are here too!!!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Pam I'm happy to hear that you such a wonderful experience with your nurses. Does my heart proud. They would come over and check on me. I would just say, no nausea, no rash can still breath, life is good. They would just laugh. I had ants in my pants so I went to the small ktichen there and handed out yogurt and would talk to the other patients. They wanted to give me a job there. I didn't and still don't know how to be a patient. 

Kitty why don't you have some quiet time with yourself and use Pam's questions or think of others to bring with you. The nurses and your Dr will answer all of them and they will give you the assurance you need for chemo. Before you go through chemo we'll all tell you the tricks. 

Respected Contributor

Haven't heard from Goldie. Getting a bit worried. Called her cell and home with no answer. I just hope she's OK. Prayer warriors she needs our prayers. Thanx.

Respected Contributor

@JackieHN - I'll be saying special prayers for Goldie tonight.  I hope we hear from her soon, and that things are looking up for her.

Respected Contributor

Just heard from Goldie. she's fine. They admitted her for dehydration and now she's home. Thanx for the prayers and keep on praying for her, please. 

Honored Contributor

Sure will Jackie.  I was wondering how she was feeling.  Still no chemo though?  

I'll also send her some chickens.  🐔🐓🐣🐤🐣🐤🐤🐓🐓🐓🐔🐔🐔🐔🐣🐓🐤🐣🐣🐔🐔🐔🐓🐓🐣🐣🐣🐤🐤🐤🐣🐓🐔🐓🐓🐣🐤🐣🐣🐣🐓🐤🐣

Respected Contributor

Don't forget www.breastcancer.org for information and discussion boards.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I had blood drawn for the oncologist appt next week and for the chemo Dr the following week.

Jackie, do you have any ideas why my red blood was only 3.5?  The low end of the range was 4.1.  I was really glad to see the hemoglobin at 13.

Respected Contributor

GC your levels aren't that bad.. My only guess is that you need to increase your iron intake in your diet. Since your a vegetarian try to increase the amount of Spinach in your diet. Your Dr may suggest taking an iron pill that you can buy over the counter. I wouldn't worry too much about it. 

Waiting to hear from Goldie. I almost had out the foreign legion to find her yesterday.