Valued Contributor

Jackie,  I'm sure before they would take me off this chemo, they'd try a reduced  dose first. And the problems I have in the eye are increase pressure inside the eye and a "blister" on the back of my eye. I did some research and retinal detachment can lead to blindness. Blindness has happened to others on this chemo so that's why they're watching my eyes so closely.  And glory be this morning I woke up to the skin problem I had before that took me off the chemo. Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and there will be twenty new drugs available for low grade serous carcinoma. Who the H knows? 

Respected Contributor

Well GC you had a busy beautifcation day. I sort of felt the same way after my facial. However my skin was super clean. We need pampering of any sort. Facial, mani and pedi, get our hair done, massages. It lifts the spirits and takes off some of the stress.

Oh Maestra what are you worried about. Your going to love retirement and don't worry about the aromatase inhibitor. Your not going to dry up like a prune. Remember it's all for the greater good. Some aches and pains, hot flashes sometimes, nothing you can't handle. 

Goldie, since your being examined every two weeks I have every confidence that your retinal detachment won't be a problem. It was diagnosed early and they are on top of it. Surgery is very successful for it. I think when retinal detachment has been unattended for awhile then the problems start. Don't quote me on this. Eyeballs were never my thing even if it was trauma related. 

Hey Em you'e been a busy lady. No wonder we haven't heard from you. Congrats on all of the celebations. 

Well ladies I crossed one more thing off of my bucket list. My co-op is paid off. I think I'll celebrate with some Chinese food. 

Jxx

Honored Contributor

gcr---yes I did go to my new onc dr in April for the 2nd time and liked her much better this appt. She was overwhelmed with her share of new patients from my 1st onc dr that just left that practice. She, too, is a breast cancer survivor altho I haven't asked her about that yet, maybe next appt in Aug. And yes I did FINALLY get new meds; but that took 3 weeks as my ins co wasn't going to pay for the Femera but will pay for Arimedex (sp?) Am baffled with all this stupid ins stuff.

Mae---why are you taking vit D2 and not D3?  D3 is supposed to be what we should be on.

Stripping down for a facial----wow thats news to me. Thought a facial was for the face altho having the arms, legs, feet and hands worked over sounds good too .Did you get a robe to put on? Where did you go--was it a spa? Still sounds good to me. Got a b-day coming in June so maybe I'll treat myself too altho will keep my clothes on unless it includes  massage.

So just had to shoo away  a stripey cat butt (and the rest of her)  that was sitting on my mouse pad---hahaha ---how ironic. She sits there under my happy light but she makes using the mouse kinda hard.

PAM

Respected Contributor

Good pickup Pam. Yes we're suppose to be on D3 instead of D2. I'm wondering if the insurance company has anything to do with this like with your aromatase inhibitor. Mae start questioning your Dr. If he says there the same they aren't.  Right now I'm taking Andrew Lessman's D3 along with his PC Liver and Brain benefits. Add on his calcium and Magnesium intensive care. His vitamins are superior to the rest. I think my brain is working better. It cleared up most of the fog or it's wishful thinking.

Graciesmom will be with you tomorrow. GC your on the ball with everyone's Dr's appointments and tests. My He## was last month. 3 Dr's appointments. It does get to you no doubt about that. 

Warming up in Brooklyn but not much. 

Jxx

Valued Contributor

maestra---You mentioned you will be going on a hormone blocker for estrogen + BC---I've been on Femara (hormone blocker) since September for my estrohen + uterine cancer recurrence(s)--surgery & radiation has not stopped it from spreading. However, so far Femara has been a gift from God! At my last PET scan in December, one large lesion near my bladder had completeyl disappeared! One lesion on my omentum had shrunk significantly. My oncologist was thrilled--and told me she's had much success with Femara for bc and uterine ca. My next PET scan is tomorrow--so we'll find out if the Femara is still working 9it better be!!).

The only side effects I've had were hot flashes and sweating--and they are supposed to get less as time goes on. Nothing I can't live with. My skin is dry--but have not dried up into a husk--LOL!! Best of luck using the hormone blocker--hey, if that's all that's needed to keep cancer away, then it's worth every hot flash!!

Thank for the prayers Jackie, Mia and GCR--and much appreciated Jackie for putting my name on the special prayer list--it means a lot to me that you cared enough to do that!!

Hopefully the next time I post, I will have my results.

Goldie--Been thinking about you--and always sending positive vibes your way, as well as constant prayers.

Hope everyone is having a pleasant weekend!!

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - I'll be praying for you that you have good results from your PET scan tomorrow!  

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies!

Another Sunday and a beginning of a new week. Thinking of all of you and praying for all of you.

Valued Contributor

thinking about you graciesmom. My brains are scrambled but I'm sure you had a pet scan today, let us know, I've been praying about it . goldie

Valued Contributor

Yes, Goldie--I did have a PET scan today. Had to leave the house at 6am(for an 8:30am appointment!) to try to beat the rush hour traffic (I have to cross a bridge to get to the Sloan-Kettering offices)--I ended up getting there an hour early--even being stuck in traffic on & off. But better early than late! Was out of there by 11:45am, so not too bad. I am now radioactive until Wednesday!!

I asked when the results will be ready--was told in 24-48 hours. My former oncologist would call the radiologist and get the reading done quickly, so I had an answer before I went to bed--but since she left the group and I was assigned a new oncologist, I have a feeling I won't know anything until my visit with her this Friday. I will post when I get my results (please pray they are accpetable!) and how I like (or not like) my new doctor.

My former oncologist was very very smart--this new one is young and doesn't have as much experience--so I'm on the fence about her before even meeting her.

Thank you for the continued prayers, Goldie---I pray daily for you,too.

Today is Gracie's 12th birthday--which is 74 in human years--now she is older than my hubby and I! Her face is so gray and she has slowed down--which makes me sad to see--but we've given her a great life and will continue to do so.

Today is also my hubby's 61st birthday--I made him a lasagna for dinner, since I don't feel like going out (I'm so tense and tired!)--he just went to the bakery to pick up dessert (YUM!).

I wish everyone a pleasant evening and thanks again for the prayers and positive vibes!!!

Respected Contributor

Gracie - am glad it is over for you, one hurdle down at least.  Am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome on the results.  Heart