Respected Contributor

@JackieHN - Thanks, Jackie, for the encouragement.  I wish I could be more like my cousin (the one who passed away a year ago from cancer).  He never worried about his tests and doctor visits.  He always said "what will be will be".  I miss him so much!

Respected Contributor

Lynn I honestly believe that men handle tests better than we do. Either that or they just don't talk about it. Things that would drive us nuts just doesn't affect them. Go figure.

Trusted Contributor

Just wanted to all of you to know, I am thinking about all of you and praying for you everyday and night.

Respected Contributor

Oh Oneanddone, I was thinking about you. What happened with your tests. Has evertyhing been sorted out??

Valued Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Lynn, I know your nervous. We all are except for Pam. She has a healthy way of looking at all of this. Tests are good. Just once I wold love to go for a mammo and not bounce off of the walls. Just take a deep breath, say I prayer and tell yourself everything is going to be OK. Remind me of what I said in Oct when I go for my mammo. 

Pam what would happen if their thumbs weren't working with the phone. Would they know how to use a regular telephone. Do they even have one in their houses anymore?? 2 of my friends just have cell phones.Nothing else. 

Lannie, your enjoying your retirement as I can see. 

Hi guys! Lyn, you changed your name? Lol don't be surprised if I get confused. Do you want us to call you Mia ? I'm old old lady with low magnesium, lol I may go totally off my gourd lol.

lannie glad you are getting into your retirement. 

Whats been going on around here? Fighting off the hideous trolls?lol I had a 21/2 hour eye appt yesterday. This chemo I'm on, is very hard on the eyes, that why I have to have a thorough exam every two weeks.  I hate the exams but I don't want to go blind either. The pressure in my right eye is very high and the dr put me on eye drops to try and bring the pressure down. He also says I need surgery on my eyes. I don't wanna do that either. I can't stand the thought of them cuttin on my eyes, they better sedate me, or I'll be coming unglued.

everbody have a good evening and keep beating back those nasty trolls. Lol

goldie 

Respected Contributor

Jackie, she's up to her old tricks again.  I can't even believe the moderator removed all your posts and paragraphs about her - there was absoutely nothing wrong with them.  I was about to tell you, quit being so nice to her, she's just taunting you.  She keeps editing her post, I've watched throughout the day and also the giving of hearts has been more than wierd today and yesterday.

Ladies, please ignore her, she is one sick cookie and will try and cause a lot of trouble here.  Right now, she is posing as Tuesday Taylor and has some other nicks that I am not sure of yet, so won't say what they are.  She will try and turn things around against us.  Just be aware and be cautious and know that there are people out there that are up to no good.  And on a cancer board yet, geesh.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@AkaGoldie - Yes, I changed my nick.  I did have my reasons.  You may call me Lyn or Mia, whatever you wish. I'm still Lyn, though.

I'm so sorry you are having problems with your eyes.  I know you mentioned the chemo could cause eye problems.  I just hope and pray the drops will relieve the pressure in your eye.  You are so brave, as are the other ladies on the forum.  I wish I could be as brave as you all are.

You mentioned I should get out more, and I know I need to do this.  I do get out if I have something to do (shopping, church, lunch, etc.). 

Trusted Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Oh Oneanddone, I was thinking about you. What happened with your tests. Has evertyhing been sorted out??

Hi Jackie!

I don't have cancer, but I have had relatives who fought it. I read this forum every day to see how all of you are doing. Your strength inspires me in my lowest times.

I lost my whole family and went through a divorce after being married for 20 years, all in seven months time. It really took a toll on me and my health.

To  come to this forum and read how strong all of you are and how you are fighting the battle inspires me to stay strong through my battles.

Despite the battle and sets backs all of you may have had, you keep fighting, and I love and respect that!

You are all an inspiration!

Respected Contributor

One and done and I thought my Andrew Lessman's brain benefits was working so well. Guess not. 

Lannie you are correct in your assessment. Ignore any posts that you are not comfortable with and report those that are inappropriate. . We are here to serve a purpose to others and to help each other through our trials and tribulations. 

Honored Contributor

Somebody needs to get a life.