Honored Contributor

Lannie, Friday will be exciting.  I would be skipping out the door.  No tears for me.  I can't wait for that day to come.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

Goldie, I hope you're able to clear your mind and not waste any energy on such nonsense.  It's too bad QVC can't have tighter control on who they let post.  I think if they tied it to your member number, it would cut down on multiple nics.  Unless you're up to no good, you only need one nic.

@GCR18

Aside from being my birthday twin (born same day of the month), I like your common sense GCR :-)

@Bird mama, I am known for my common sense and attention to detail.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18

Leo/Virgo cusp girl, common sense, attention to detail, won't start a fight but will surely finish one.  Sound familiar?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@JackieHN

Sorry to have made you think it was Grace's birthday today.  I have weird expressions (like birthday twin when I am born on the same month/date as someone else) and I forget not everyone understands my weird vocabulary :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@GCR18

Leo/Virgo cusp girl, common sense, attention to detail, won't start a fight but will surely finish one.  Sound familiar?

@Bird mama. I'm a lover, not a fighter.  Won't fight.

Respected Contributor

OK now I understand. Well happy bloody birthday for August 23rd in case I forget. 

Goldie just came home from the Dr's. She's OK and I'm sure she'll write tomorrow. It's been an exhausting day for her. 

Honored Contributor

jackie--no I haven't started the femera yet--still waiting for them. I get my meds thru snail mail. But I suspect that they will kick my caboose  but what can you do--pull up your big girl panties and just do it, right. I already have the body/muscle aches and pains from the tamox  and I take a celebrex each day for that so not expecting a huge change. My onc said the same thing--all the aromatase are the same.

PAM

Honored Contributor

Goldie, hope you were feeling better today.  🐤 🐣 🐔 🐓

Lannie, tomorrow is hump day!  🍻 🍷 🍺 🍹 🍸

I've been waiting for today to come.  I kept reading about people getting curly hair when their hair grew back in after cancer treatments.  My hair has grown 100th of an inch in the last week.  Yesterday it was lifeless and straight.  Today it has body and is soft.  It still hasn't reached an inch yet, but it has promise.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Pam, yeah we just bite the bullet and take the drug. You'll be OK. I just want to eat everything in sight. This is not me. Kind of hard now observing Passover. Matzoh just doesn't do it for me.

Gracie it will all grow in. It took me 6 long months. Lannie's hair grew in faster. Then it will be a distant memory sort of. 

Goldie had tests today and tomorrow she has the oncologist. She must be pooped. I'm sure she'll write when it's all over with. We all know how stressful this is. So girls say a prayer for her that this wicked chemo did some good. 

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Goldie, hope you were feeling better today.  🐤 🐣 🐔 🐓

Lannie, tomorrow is hump day!  🍻 🍷 🍺 🍹 🍸

I've been waiting for today to come.  I kept reading about people getting curly hair when their hair grew back in after cancer treatments.  My hair has grown 100th of an inch in the last week.  Yesterday it was lifeless and straight.  Today it has body and is soft.  It still hasn't reached an inch yet, but it has promise.

GCR - Can you believe it???!!!  We have a stuffed camel at work that we put out every Wed - even put some false eyelashes on her!  If we forget to put her out other employees remind us, otherwise they say they don't think it's Wed!

Some of the girls are taking me out after work - if I didn't have to drive myself across town, I would have a couple drinks, lol!

Glad to hear your hair is starting to change - mine did come back with some curls, but then I lost them when I got my first cut.  Smiley Sad  But I still say hair is hair - enjoy/accept the different stages it is going through.  Baldness and our new hair is our badge of courage!  I admire your attitude about all you had to go through and now here you are being a big source of encouragement to others. That's just how it should work on a thread like this.  Heart

Eat protein to keep that hair coming in good,

HRL