Valued Contributor

welcome home Pam, can't wait to hear about your trip.

kivah, of course I remember you, I'm am so sorry for your loss. How is your health? Doing well I hope. Come back anytime and post with us. 

My new nephew went in for his check up, and has already gained 2 ounces! He was just born Friday. He is so sweet, I hope to get to see him again soon. But he lives about an hour away. 

Goldie

Respected Contributor

Pam I forgot to answer your question. We were knee deep in snow. They actually did a wonderful job plowing the streets. Then we got rreally warm weather and it's basically gone. That is unless you live in Queens or Staten Island.

Honored Contributor

You know that saying be careful what you ask for.... Well about five years ago I started to get a few gray hairs here and there, so I started coloring it.  I never really gave it much thought.  My hair was a medium brown and my color was a darker brown.  The roots growing in were always different, but I thought the difference was between the two colors.  My new hair is starting to really take off.  I swear it's all GRAY.  Don't know when that happened.  Am I the only one who has these issues?

Trusted Contributor
Hello everyone, I'm was told today I have Stage 1 Lung Cancer. I'm just devastated as you all can imagine. He will do no Biopsy. He said he won't know for sure if it is a Malignant Cancer until he removes the 3.4 cm Nodule and Lymph Nodes if necessary and gets it under a Microscope. Next is Pet Scan, Lung Function Test and a Stress Test Since I had a Heart Attack under two years ago. I'm terrified and so scared I cant even describe it. They sound very optimistic my Surgeon and Nurse. I posted a thread on here (Wellness) Board with the Headline (Nodule on Lung.) If you care to read it. Thanks for letting me talk about this .
Honored Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm was told today I have Stage 1 Lung Cancer. I'm just devastated as you all can imagine. He will do no Biopsy. He said he won't know for sure if it is a Malignant Cancer until he removes the 3.4 cm Nodule and Lymph Nodes if necessary and gets it under a Microscope. Next is Pet Scan, Lung Function Test and a Stress Test Since I had a Heart Attack under two years ago. I'm terrified and so scared I cant even describe it. They sound very optimistic my Surgeon and Nurse. I posted a thread on here (Wellness) Board with the Headline (Nodule on Lung.) If you care to read it. Thanks for letting me talk about this .

Hi kitty--welcome to our group. So very sorry about your dx and all of us here know how scared you are. I had breast cancer with surgery, chemo and rads; that was in 2012. Since your dr can't be sure you have cancer, then you might not have cancer too. I know all this is all consuming right now. If you want to research , do it, just remember that for as much good info there is, there is also much bad info but knowlege is power. I could tell you not to get all riled up but I KNOW that is impossible. Do you have family around?  Talking about it really helps. WE all went thru the tons of scans and tests and labs. I think I was at my hospital almost everyday for a few weeks. Just remember that cancer treatments and procedures  are forever changing so don't get stuck on what is said now , very likely, everything will change as the info comes out. Try to take one day at a time--don't think about tomorrow. Believe it or not, you will handle this and be the stronger for it. Just breathe deeply for a few minutes when things start to envade your space. WE will certainly help as much as we can with lots of support and a few laughs. It's a great bunch of people here.

PAM

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

You know that saying be careful what you ask for.... Well about five years ago I started to get a few gray hairs here and there, so I started coloring it.  I never really gave it much thought.  My hair was a medium brown and my color was a darker brown.  The roots growing in were always different, but I thought the difference was between the two colors.  My new hair is starting to really take off.  I swear it's all GRAY.  Don't know when that happened.  Am I the only one who has these issues?

*********************************************************************************************

GCR---you are preaching to the choir girlfriend!! My hair was the same color as yours was and now it is many shades of grey and a little of my natural color. Was stunned as my 80 year old mom still had her dark brown hair. So I left it until last week when I decided to go for some highlighting to get rid of some of the grey----good move on my part. I love my hair color now and it should grow out very naturally. Don't know if I will go back to do it again but you never know. I did wait until now to do the coloring as I was afraid it would fall out after being gone from chemo. It's been 3 years out from chemo for me now. I would advise not to do anything for awhile and let your new, baby hair get back to normal. My hair grew like crazy tho. Loved it as t the start   as my reg hair was stick straight. However now, it is still stick straight as before but very fine and thin from the tamoxifen I take everyday.

PAM

Valued Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:

Kitty, I'm sorry you're so upset and worried. Without a biopsy or surgery, so they can look at the nodule under a microscope , how can they say you have stage 1 cancer? They can't.  So for your own sanity don't say you have cancer. Take things one step at a time, make the dr explain everything he does. Information is power. Don't allow the Drs scare you, just make them tell you the facts as they know them.

Hang in there,  one step at a time , we will be here for you if you need us. 

Goldie

Valued Contributor

Hi Kitty! I'm sorry for your diagnosis but happy you found us. I was diagnosed with breast cancer on Sept. 4,2014. My tumor was found by a mammogram and was stage 1 with no lymph node involvement. I had a lumpectomy and radiation. I had issues with a severe post biopsy infection and then cellulitis in the tumor incision post surgery.  My radiation burns were severe and my immune system was depleted and I caught a terrible virus that landed me in the hospital for 7 days. The good news is I am fine now. I went through all of that last year and learned I am stronger than I ever imagined. You will find this out too. Have confidence in yourself. You will persevere! I know the fear you are experiencing. Everyone on this board knows the fear. Keep talking to us, lean on your family and friends. Worry about one test at a time because there are many tests coming your way. Each of our journeys here have been different and yours will be too. I will be looking forward to getting to know you better. Hugs and prayers,    Em

Trusted Contributor
I'm so happy I found this board and can talk to you all and you get exactly what I'm talking about and feeling.my Family is in my corner and are here for me as well as my Friends. Since I just got my news on 2/3/2016 I'm still trying to wrap my Head around it. I made a mistake and went by myself and got the news and lost it right there. In front of my Surgeon and a Medical Student. From that point I sent a text it was Cancer from my phone. I couldn't really talk since after the Doctor left the Nurse came in and told me what was all going to happen while talking to the Nurse my phone was blowing up with calls and text from Family . Then answered questions for about a half hour. She then said call me anytime as many times as you want and I will answer all your questions. I left the Office When I left I just wanted to cry and get what I was told and really talk to no one for a little time. My Sons Girlfriend wanted to come find me. I told her no I needed time alone and I would then go Home. My Kids all spent a lot of time with me and are trying to keep me to think positive. Especially my Oldest Son. He couldn't believe I went alone and got the news. He now wants to go when I have my tests done. I have to make an appointment today for a Pet Scan and that test really scared me . What if there is more somewhere else? While my Dr did tell me I had Stage 1Lung Cancer and I will need Surgery and the Nodule will be looked at , he said that is the only way to know it is Cancer. He is for now I think making an educated guess. This is the only Surgery he does and does it everyday but Wednesday. Every pain I get like a pain in my lower back is hurting and it isn't going away or my arm was hurting could this be something else? Before I found out I worried constantly and prayed and talked to People and finally I was thinking positive and feeling better then I got this news and I was right to worry and so I'm preparing for it to be bad then when it is good I can be overly excited. My Son keeps telling me his Friends Cancer stories trying to keep me positive. I have to say it isn't working right now. My Head is just not in a good place right now. Thank you all for listening and responding with kind and helpful information. To add a note I think the Doctor is saying Cancer because I smoked for over 40 years and quit the day of my Heart Attack less than two years ago . I also have Diabetes as well. All this happened in about three years. So this is all very overwhelming to me. Again thanks you all.
Trusted Contributor

Let me start out by saying I'm so glad I found this thread and share my Cancer diagnoses. I look forward all your kind words and help through this devastating news I got on 2/3/2016. I was in the Hospital for my Heart and because I had an extreme nose bleed that lasted four days and constantly for hours and I couldn't really do any moving or the bleeding would start over. I'm on Blood Thinners and I believe that is why the bleeding was so much and I'm guessing here. The Blood Thinners I was on was for a Heart Attack I had on 9/24/2014also the day I quit Smoking after like 40 years. When I got my news I was alone and it took my breath away to hear the news. I did not really think and sent a mass text to my Husband and Kids Cancer that's it after the Doctor left the room. Then the Nurse came in and told me what tests would be done before my definate Surgery. The Nurse answered all my many questions for like a half hour and told me to call and talk to her 10 times a day anytime. Meantime my phone was blowing up with text and calls from Family. When I left I was so upset and distraught I couldn't talk to anyone and wanted to just be alone. My Sons Girlfriend offered to come where I was and I thanked her and told her I would be Ok just needed sometime. I got Home my Son and his kind Girfriend was here and later my youngest Son and his Fiancee came over and spent time here. My only Daughter who is living here with us has five small Kids ages 8 to 1 month old now. At the time I went to my Doctor my month old Grandson was fighting RSV Virus and almost died. So I had been watching Kids here and going to the Hospital and staying long hours there. Now My Daughter is Home and as is my Grandson and I have to help her with all the Kids and try to deal with my Health issue.  My patience almost none. While my Family is here for me they can't know how I feel and how I think this horrific and feeling very hopeless right now. I have lost weight from I think 12/ 22/2015 and lasted until 12/26/2015. I went to the Hospital because of very low Blood Pressure and and my Heart was beating really fast. It was on this day they found the Nodule or mass on the upper right part of my right Lung from a Chest Xray. That is when I was told about it. They then did a CT Scan which I guess wasn't much help either. The Hospital wanted a Biopsy so I went to see my Surgeon and Since he is doing Surgery  he doesnt want to put me through a Biopsy. He said the only way to tell it is Cancer and this is to remove it and determine it by a Microscope. Since at the time of the nose bleeds I wasn't eating and I have lost close to maybe 13lbs . I also have a cough not a constant one and shortness of breath which I thought was from a Medication for my Heart in slows the Heart and Lungs down and could cause shortness as well as being tired. As of today I now have a Pet Scan to have done on 2/9/2016 which is really scaring me because of what ifs. The Nodule is 3.4 cm or and inch in size so far and hopefully not growing and that if it is Cancer 100% it hasn't moved somewhere else. My Family is trying to keep me upbeat and positive yet it just isn't really working. I got questioned a lot by the Lady talking to me about why I'm getting the Pet Scan and what their looking for, so today isn't a great day either. Since the day of the nose bleed and everything since I really haven't been eating which I account for the weight loss. I just don't know what to think or do right now. Feeling very hopeless right now. Thank you all for being here and helping me.